inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thoughts of the 00's in the 90's

Written By: joeman on 12/22/09 at 7:10 pm

When I was around 12, I was so exicted about the 2000's and up.  The internet was at it's early stages and I believe that computers will solve all of our problems.  There were talks about alternative cars such as sun-powered vehicles and such.  I really believed that the 00's would end up being like the Jetson's, oh how wrong was I  ;).  There were talks about post-apocalyptic life considering the Y2K scare, but I knew Y2K was bs.

What were your 00 predictions in the 90's?

Subject: Re: Thoughts of the 00's in the 90's

Written By: Fairee07 on 12/22/09 at 7:38 pm

I remember starting from 1991 I would get excited about the 00s too! When 2000 would roll along I would still be very young (not even 24 till Feb.), and I imagined that everything would be sci-fi as well. When the late 90s rolled along I felt that we were on our way with the Net taking over everything by then along with some of the crazy fashions that I remember!

Written By: Davester on 12/22/09 at 9:15 pm

I thought, where we were going, we wouldn't need roads...

We still need roads...

Written By: 80sfan on 12/23/09 at 2:50 pm

I thought that it was going to be a futuristic version of the 70's. For some reason.  :D

I didn't think we were going to have flying cars, but I thought it was going to be high tech though.

The 00's turned out to be about 60% of what I expected.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/23/09 at 3:30 pm

Even though I like this stuff alot, I don't remember thinking of any exact year or what it would be like, but I guess I thought it would be a little more futuristic but less technological than it actually is now. Also no one could've predicted wars and a crappy economy. Although when the internet exploded in 1996/97 I think that was the beginning of "the future". It also indirectly led to all the portable tech we have now, although there was still alot of old tech that hadn't died yet, like pagers.

P.S. I actually thought cassettes would last longer than they really did. ;D They became almost pointless once ipods came out, and I can kinda understand why.

Check for new replies or respond here...