inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Early signs of 90's nostalgia in the 10's

Written By: joeman on 01/19/10 at 8:26 pm

I was at a bar last night, and they were having a "90's music night", and they were playing rap, dance, rock, and alternative from that era.  I was surprised on the music they played, since last year the same bar usually has "80's night."  Also, in some places, their are advertisements with the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pose pictures.  Flannel is back, since I see most college aged kids wearing it now.  This reminds me of the early stages of 70's nostalgia, when Wayne's World came out in the early 90's.  They were wearing ripped jeans and such, but there was a lot of 70's music soundtrack being played throughout the movie. 

Subject: Re: Early signs of 90's nostalgia in the 10's

Written By: Wiz83 on 01/23/10 at 3:40 pm

There's a little movie theater on campus where I go to college.  When I came back this semester I noticed one of the movie posters was for the movie Heavyweights, a comedy that came out in 1995.  I remember going to see this movie in the theater with my cousins when it originally came out.  On the poster it was labeled as a "90's flashback movie". 

Written By: Fairee07 on 01/23/10 at 5:14 pm

I was at a bar last night, and they were having a "90's music night", and they were playing rap, dance, rock, and alternative from that era.  I was surprised on the music they played, since last year the same bar usually has "80's night."  Also, in some places, their are advertisements with the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pose pictures.  Flannel is back, since I see most college aged kids wearing it now.  This reminds me of the early stages of 70's nostalgia, when Wayne's World came out in the early 90's.  They were wearing ripped jeans and such, but there was a lot of 70's music soundtrack being played throughout the movie. 

I hope not. The 80s is fine because I was only a kid, but the 90s is my generation so seeing it as retro makes me feel old!  >:(

Written By: Lady of Rags on 01/24/10 at 12:39 pm

Ah....seeing it as ANYTHING makes me feel that much better.  I am knowingly and admittedly stuck in the 90's ;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/24/10 at 2:59 pm

I wish the 90's kick comes around...especially what was on TV!

Written By: joeman on 01/24/10 at 6:50 pm

Ah....seeing it as ANYTHING makes me feel that much better.  I am knowingly and admittedly stuck in the 90's ;D

I am basically the same.  All my cds are either from the 90's or from the early 00's, and I felt really old when fads like emo started appearing.  I didn't get into music in the 00's besides the bands from the 90's still making music like Weezer, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Foo Fighters.

Written By: declan on 01/25/10 at 7:14 am

My band...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3h1JHEuKao

Check for new replies or respond here...