inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Langoliers (1995)

Written By: virtual_cowboy on 01/20/10 at 7:01 pm

I've just watched the TV movie Langoliers (both parts) for a second time.
What do you think about the mysterious things called time travel, time wrap and time slip. And what's your opinion about the movie itself?
I think that if time travel was possible, you wouldn't meet any people from the past/future. Because people move with the times.
I think the past would look just like in the movie - it would be empty and... scary and boring.
The cars, cities and buildings will be there, but people won't be there.
I have a mild form of social anxiety - I usually feel uncomfortable around crowds. That movie made me realize that even if I sometimes get tired or anxious with the crowds and the noise people make, I wouldn't trade that for a lifeless, lonely world.
I felt so good at the end of the movie when people started appearing. The airport halls seemed so cold and lonely without the crowds.

Subject: Re: The Langoliers (1995)

Written By: Spottedfeather on 01/20/10 at 7:46 pm

This is one of my favourtie tv movies, and one of my favourite Stephen King movies. Sure, the special effects, especially the Langoliers, aren't exactly ILM quality, but the movie on a whole is great fun. Great to put on when you're stuck in the house on a rainy day. I wish it would get a special edition dvd release with a commentary and featurettes or something.

Check for new replies or respond here...