inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mike Myers vs Chris Farley

Written By: joeman on 01/23/10 at 6:59 am

Which actor you guys think made more of an impact during the 90's?  I want to say Mike Meyers here.  At my local bar, me and a couple of buddies sang Bohemian Rhapsody the way Garth and Wayne sang it during Wayne's World II.

Though in Farley's defense, I did like Black Sheep.

Subject: Re: Mike Myers vs Chris Farley

Written By: Wiz83 on 01/23/10 at 4:01 pm

I remember watching both on SNL in the early '90s.  Mike Myers I'll always remember for Wayne's World.  I can still remember first seeing a preview for Wayne's World in late '91 in the theater when my mom, sister, & me were going to see The Addams Family.  Farley will always be one of the more memorable comedians of my childhood.  I can still remember watching him come back to host SNL in October 1997 and then two months later turning on MTV to find out he died.  Altogether, I would say Farley may end up with the bigger legacy because he died so young and tragically.  Myers' career has floundered since the Austin Powers franchise ended.  He could still make a comeback though.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/25/10 at 2:25 pm

Mike Myers career hasn't floundered at all - hello Shrek! 

I think Myers is definitely more successful, but I love them both.  Chris Farley is one of the funniest people ever.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/27/10 at 11:58 am

Mike Myers has an edge over Chris Farley as a comic genius.

However, Chris Farley (RIP) was HUGELY hilarious. 

Both men signed on for scads of crappy movies that barely challenged their gifts at all.  That's the sad part from an entertainment point of view.

I think Farley, like Belushi and Kaufman before him, was enduring a great deal of internal anguish, which went unnoticed by the public until his untimely death.
:(

Check for new replies or respond here...