inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: George H.W. Bush vs. Bill Clinton

Written By: Ryan112390 on 01/25/10 at 11:51 pm

Who do you think was the better President during the 1990s? George H.W Bush (1990-1993) or Bill Clinton (1993-1999)?

Subject: Re: George H.W. Bush vs. Bill Clinton

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/26/10 at 2:15 am

Clinton, without a doubt. HW wasn't as bad as his son, but we did have some difficult times during his presidency such as the early 90's recession and the first Gulf War. Of course, neither of those two compared to their exponents of the 00's.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/26/10 at 6:14 am

Clinton. GHW, the Panama skirmish will go down as an abuse of power, the Gulf War was another bit of idiocy, the recession.  Yeah, his past will come back to haunt his legacy.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/26/10 at 10:12 am

Clinton.  I loved him.

Written By: Mike from Jersey on 01/26/10 at 1:32 pm

Bill Clinton was a better president. Personally, I believe that he tends to be a little overrated (honestly I'm not a Clinton expert, so I'm just basing this off of my current intelligence). Yes, he did preside over the most prosperous time in US History, but feel that that had to do more with the huge new field of electronics introduced and that really took off around 1995. From what I know, he was able to manage the economy very well, regulating enough to stay safe yet not going too far left. It could be said, though, that many of today's problems were caused or at least worsened by him (housing crisis, financial crash, failure to go after bin Laden).

George H.W. Bush was not a very good president (again, this is only from what I know because I'm hardly an expert on him either). Economically, what really he was he but Reagan-Lite? As the 1990-1991 Recession (and wasn't there another one that happened in 1992?) proved, he wasn't quite the economic "master" that his predecessor was. However, his biggest blunder was the Gulf War. Yes, our forces did a very good job and they deserve our utmost respect, but for the life of me I cannot believe that we actually invaded under those circumstances.

I think history has been too easy on both of them. Keep in mind this is only my 12th grade knowledge  :-[.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/26/10 at 1:56 pm

Not a really big Clinton fan, but Bush was just something else.

::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/27/10 at 11:49 am

George H.W. Bush bites a big one.
Bill Clinton had his big one bitten.
:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...