inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How to find 90s TV listings?

Written By: Ryan112390 on 02/03/10 at 4:41 am

Hey

I was wondering if there's any way to find out say TV shows or episodes aired on TV in a certain month of a certain year in the 90s? Basically a 90s tv guide?
I ask because I'm trying to date some photos from a family trip to Virginia--I know the trip was either in the Summer of 1995 or 1996 but am unsure of which year and whatnot. there is no date on any of the pix. but I remember a very specific episode of the Twilight Zone re-run airing one night of the trip, and I know the name of the episode. If I could find a TV guide or something of TV shows/episodes airing in the Summer of 1995 or the Summer of 1996 it'd help definitively.

Subject: Re: How to find 90s TV listings?

Written By: Davester on 02/03/10 at 4:55 am

eBay.  I know, standard answer, but seriously...

Purchase a couple of old TV Guides from the mid 1990s.  They're probably cheap...

But I'm sure you're talking about an online database...

Subject: Re: How to find 90s TV listings?

Written By: yelimsexa on 02/03/10 at 6:36 am

And it would also be a good time to invest in '90s TV guide lots on eBay, as the '90s have yet to peak in it's "nostalgic vibe". They will go up in value over the course of the next few decades. If you look hard enough, you may get some issues in a bundle for as little as 50 cents each. (I love how most '90s items on eBay actually cost LESS than what they were when they came out.) You can also try Google News Archive and type in keywords of a couple shows that were popular (for instance, Seinfeld and Frasier for Thursday Nights). You can even find listings on that News Archive as early as the 1950s.

Check for new replies or respond here...