inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anything you miss from the '90s?

Written By: Ryan112390 on 04/01/10 at 11:23 pm

Not a ''do you miss the '90s'' thread, but a very specific like ''what do you miss from the 90s''?

For me it's:

VHS Tapes--Except for the ability to have special features I like and liked them better than DVDs
''Mom and Pop'' Video Stores--While Blockbuster was always cooll, I personally preferred the small mom and pop video stores. It was a special treat.
SNES, PS1 and Sega Genesis
Good Rap and R&B music
Jim Carrey

Subject: Re: Anything you miss from the '90s?

Written By: nupur on 04/02/10 at 12:11 am

My childhood, along with lots of other material things . . .

Written By: Sam on 04/18/10 at 10:44 pm

Encarta - Wikipedia has seen the end to that

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/19/10 at 12:32 am

A fighting chance at success.

Written By: joeman on 04/19/10 at 9:55 am

Yes, but I have to move on.  Believe me, there are times where I want to go back when I was a 9 year old attending Sunday School.

So far, 2010 for me has been much better than anything 94-present.  I am finding out who I am and trying to do things that make me happy.  It is kind of like watching cartoons, but with you as the creator, so you have a special bond with it.

Written By: sk8erboy_mm on 04/19/10 at 3:56 pm

i miss everything about the 90's i mean how doesn't, i miss the good WWF i loved watching that as a kid, WCW and ECW back in the day that was so cool only cause it seemed so real as a kid, i don't know if it's cause we grow up or if the acting started sucking on a days but the wrestling now a days you can catch all the mistakes they make and it just ain't to real anymore, i miss the intensity of the show and the blood and all the story's wrestling to me was not just people beating on each other but a whole show it itself and if wish i could bring that back that felling i once had of wanted to be one of them and be in the ring and just put on a good show just like it was back in the day.

Written By: scbca on 04/20/10 at 7:46 am

Yes, but I have to move on.  Believe me, there are times where I want to go back when I was a 9 year old attending Sunday School.

So far, 2010 for me has been much better than anything 94-present.  I am finding out who I am and trying to do things that make me happy.  It is kind of like watching cartoons, but with you as the creator, so you have a special bond with it.

ya u do have to move on but its hard.  for me the nineties were the best. everything from the economy to the music to the cars.  now at 22 in the year 2010, i realize how much i miss those times and the times now arent so great.  i would give anything to go back

Written By: joeman on 04/20/10 at 9:05 am

True, but remember, everything in life is what you want, not anyone else.

I did like the music, I was a young teenager listening to grunge and post-grunge, along with a bunch of alternative rock bands. I can't really make a comment about the economy since I started working in 2000, and then the economy was great(despite being paid 5.50 an hour at Publix).  I disagree with you about the cars though, as I thought 1998 and 1999 were a bad year for cars.  IMO, a good year for cars was 2003, though that is because Infiniti came out with the badass G35(later G37).

Written By: yelimsexa on 04/20/10 at 12:02 pm

*Eurodance music! (Before that electronica/trance killed it!)

*Nickelodeon of that era!

*$25 concert tickets

*When TV only showed the network logo and not this excessive information away from the commercials!

*When people mostly spelled words correctly!

Written By: Davester on 04/20/10 at 2:14 pm

A fighting chance at success.

;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/20/10 at 2:38 pm

Doc Martens

My nose ring

My waistline

Written By: Midas on 04/20/10 at 4:40 pm

Doc Martens

My nose ring

My waistline

Still have some

Never had one

Me too!  :P

Written By: nupur on 04/20/10 at 5:38 pm

Doc Martens

My nose ring

My waistline

I see quite a few people who still wear those!

Written By: scbca on 04/20/10 at 9:44 pm

True, but remember, everything in life is what you want, not anyone else.

I did like the music, I was a young teenager listening to grunge and post-grunge, along with a bunch of alternative rock bands. I can't really make a comment about the economy since I started working in 2000, and then the economy was great(despite being paid 5.50 an hour at Publix).  I disagree with you about the cars though, as I thought 1998 and 1999 were a bad year for cars.  IMO, a good year for cars was 2003, though that is because Infiniti came out with the badass G35(later G37).

Ya true you do make it work how u want.  I don't know first hand about the economy but by seeing my parents and all it seems that they were well off.  And the cars,  I really just meant the early nineties.  Except for the 98 and up camaro

Written By: Brian06 on 04/22/10 at 1:20 pm

Being a child and not having to worry about anything.

Written By: Ryan112390 on 04/25/10 at 2:46 pm

Encarta - Wikipedia has seen the end to that

Yeah the Encarta on CD series was really good. We also had the Compton's Encyclopedia on CD series for each year from 1997-2000.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/10 at 3:13 pm

My younger years.

Written By: Tyler on 04/25/10 at 10:22 pm

Except for the 98 and up camaro

Hey,
Very cool car.  I'm 17 and I have a 98 Camaro.  Its in great shape, almost like new.  I love just driving around.

Check for new replies or respond here...