inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Am I A 90s Baby/Kid Or 80s

Written By: superflykid2008 on 05/05/10 at 12:15 am

I always feel weird because pretty much all of my friends are born in the 90s, and I gratuated in 08 because I was born 11/12/89, which was pretty much at the end of the year. Whenever someone mentions how cool being born in the 90s was, I get ready to jump in and start chatting, and then I remember I was born in 89...only a little over 1.5 months late. Damnit! I mean, technically I was still a baby in 90...so what do you consider me?

Subject: Re: Am I A 90s Baby/Kid Or 80s

Written By: joeman on 05/05/10 at 3:44 am

I always feel weird because pretty much all of my friends are born in the 90s, and I gratuated in 08 because I was born 11/12/89, which was pretty much at the end of the year. Whenever someone mentions how cool being born in the 90s was, I get ready to jump in and start chatting, and then I remember I was born in 89...only a little over 1.5 months late. Damnit! I mean, technically I was still a baby in 90...so what do you consider me?

You were a baby and a kid in the 90s, though you weren't old enough to appreciate it like teenagers did.

Written By: Midas on 05/05/10 at 9:38 am

Someone in need of therapy if things like this keep you up at night.

Written By: karen on 05/05/10 at 7:54 pm

Someone in need of therapy if things like this keep you up at night.

;D

Written By: Manduhvee on 05/07/10 at 8:14 pm

Seriously? You are so part of the post-millenium crowd. Don't delude yourself.

Written By: Starde on 05/08/10 at 6:14 pm

Definitely not an 80's kid. But also not a true 90's kid in my opinion. The way I personally see it, anyone born in '89, '90 or '91 most likely experienced mid/late 90's culture as part of their childhood (as well as the early 00's). So I think, if you wanna be specific, you're more of a mid/late 90's to early 00's kid. So, uh, partial 90's kid? :-\\   

Written By: Ryan112390 on 05/08/10 at 9:47 pm

I was born in 1990 and thankfully I can remember as far as back as at least 1994--though one or two my memories may date from 1993. The bulk of my memories date from 1995-1999, which a large majority of my memories being in 1996--as it was a VERY long and busy year.

Written By: jackie on 05/18/10 at 8:15 am

My opinion you are sort of a 90's kid cause u hardly remember it..or at should i say appreciated...i was born the end of 1980 and i consider myself more of 90's kid because my memories of the 80's consist of romper room...playing Nintendo for the first time.,..collecting stickers and charms for my necklace...and all those silly games we enjoy under the age of 10...but when the 90's hit thats when my eyes began to open..and im glad i got the chance to grow up then..i feel sad for kids today...i thought it was hard for me but seeing kids and teens today...their like adults by the time there 5..

Written By: joeman on 05/19/10 at 9:08 pm

My opinion you are sort of a 90's kid cause u hardly remember it..or at should i say appreciated...i was born the end of 1980 and i consider myself more of 90's kid because my memories of the 80's consist of romper room...playing Nintendo for the first time.,..collecting stickers and charms for my necklace...and all those silly games we enjoy under the age of 10...but when the 90's hit thats when my eyes began to open..and im glad i got the chance to grow up then..i feel sad for kids today...i thought it was hard for me but seeing kids and teens today...their like adults by the time there 5..

I think it some ways, the media and changes in the 90s was the reason way kids today grow up really fast.  The 90s really pushed the envelope on what can be shown on TV, because back in 1991, it was a huge deal with Bart Simpson talking back to Homer.  Nowadays, we have shows like Family Guy that show drug use, excessive blood and swearing, sex, and poop references.  This is way different than say cartoons from the 80s.

Written By: superflykid2008 on 05/26/10 at 1:34 pm

I think it some ways, the media and changes in the 90s was the reason way kids today grow up really fast.  The 90s really pushed the envelope on what can be shown on TV, because back in 1991, it was a huge deal with Bart Simpson talking back to Homer.  Nowadays, we have shows like Family Guy that show drug use, excessive blood and swearing, sex, and poop references.  This is way different than say cartoons from the 80s.

My mom said something about people being shocked when The Simpsons came on, which I never reallly understood since I never lived in a world without The Simpsons

Written By: joeman on 05/26/10 at 3:44 pm

My mom said something about people being shocked when The Simpsons came on, which I never reallly understood since I never lived in a world without The Simpsons

You don't need to.  Just watch cartoons from the 70s and 80s on youtube, and you will see how the Simpsons changed how cartoons were made.  There was an adult swim cartoon called "Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law", great show btw, and it showcased all the older Hanna-Barbara cartoons.  It was funny how they captured these cartoons in the 00s, as a lot of them were extremely out of place.

Written By: rgd51 on 06/10/10 at 12:42 am

Youre neither, youre an 00s kid considering that u graduated in 2008. I graduate friday and consider myself an 00s guy. Its when u grew up

Check for new replies or respond here...