inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Video Game cartoons in the 90s

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/16/10 at 4:57 pm

Well, we had Super Mario Bros. Super Show (and also Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and the Super Mario World cartoon from Captain N), Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, and several others. Does anyone remember watching them? The Sonic cartoon was good, but I feel like the guy who voiced Robotnik (the villain) was trying way too hard to put the word "p*nis" in the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyM1UGD8sqM

"Snoo-P*NIS usual, I see!"

Subject: Re: Video Game cartoons in the 90s

Written By: joeman on 05/16/10 at 6:51 pm

There was a bunch of them:

Legends of Zelda
Street Fighter
Earthworm Jim
Mortal Kombat

There are others, but these pop to my head now.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/16/10 at 8:17 pm

There was a bunch of them:

Legends of Zelda
Street Fighter
Earthworm Jim
Mortal Kombat

There are others, but these pop to my head now.

I've seen most of the Zelda cartoon. It was horribly cheesy compared to the games. And of course I know the Street Fighter cartoon. Just look at my sig, it's a quote from the character M. Bison: "YESH! EEYESH!"

Written By: Step-chan on 05/16/10 at 8:54 pm

Captain N... The cartoon that had pretty bad adaptation decay(as TVtropes would say)... Alot of the characters were just not accurate.

There was also a cartoon based on video game characters that played on the game review show Video Power.

It was called Power Team. A couple of the characters I remember where Kuros(from Wizards & Warriors) and Kwirk(a tomato character from a gameboy puzzle game).

And let's not forget the Ruby/Spears cartoon version of Mega Man. I actually liked that one alot, although I do admit they could have done alittle bit better.(Still way better than Mega Man and the first six robot masters from Captain N, at least the characters from Ruby/Spears cartoon looked more like their counterparts, minus Roll... Well, she wasn't in Captain N)

Written By: superflykid2008 on 05/16/10 at 11:42 pm

I didnt have any video games in the early 90s as i was too young, but late 90s i was really into Crash Bandicoot: Warped. Pokemon was pretty popular, but i didnt get my first pokemon game till Christmas of 00s, which was Silver version

Written By: Step-chan on 05/17/10 at 12:23 pm

Superfly.... this is about cartoons based off of video games.  ???

Written By: yelimsexa on 05/18/10 at 6:39 am

But the biggest of them all, unquestionably was Pokemon.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/18/10 at 6:28 pm

It's definetly one of the longest(if not the longest).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/18/10 at 8:47 pm

It's definetly one of the longest(if not the longest).

Amen to that, though they lost steam starting with Diamond and Pearl.

Written By: joeman on 05/19/10 at 10:10 am

I've seen most of the Zelda cartoon. It was horribly cheesy compared to the games. And of course I know the Street Fighter cartoon. Just look at my sig, it's a quote from the character M. Bison: "YESH! EEYESH!"

Some others to mention:

Double Dragon
Mega Man
Final Fantasy(though this was an anime in Japan)

Written By: Step-chan on 05/19/10 at 5:31 pm

Speaking of Mega Man, I read that there was an OAV before the American version of it(the American version is based off the OAV abit). Due to anime not being as popular in the U.S. at the time, they didn't use the OAV itself and produced what we got over here. They did take liberties with it, namely with Roll(who had a change of wardrobe and somewhat different hairstyle), Protoman(making him side with Dr. Wily) and of course they made Mega Man and Proto Man look muscular... Which was kinda funny.

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/30/10 at 10:07 pm

I've been a fan of the "Sonic the Hedgehog" shows such as the Syndicated one and the SatAM ones.

Check for new replies or respond here...