inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: lost toy of the 90's and your help (please)

Written By: cube60659 on 06/28/10 at 2:59 am

Help me find this "launch weighty ring; try to catch ring; try not to catch unconsciousness!" toy bought in the early '90s.

I had this toy when I was a kid; I have no idea what it is called or even if it is still being manufactured.

It's comprised of a heavy ring, with squared edges and a cone-shaped windsock-like flag attached, being launched by an inverted-V-shaped device with some type of handle at each terminal end. You grab the handles and pull them away from each other and the ring goes zoom. The windsock slows the ring enough so that you or your partner may catch the ring with the launcher and start the process all over.

It's more amusing and works better in a small space than Frisbees, and I'd really like to find one again! My Google-fu is weak, and standing in the toy aisle in wal-mart trying to "feel its presence" was equally unsuccessful.

p.s. it's not a zoom ball or a Giant Maple Flyer, Zyclone, X-ZYLO this is an 90's toy it looked exactly like a windsock but was launched with a wedge style rod

below is a pic of what it should look like

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/cube60659/windsockgamething.jpg

p.p.s i am sorry for my first post being kinda annoying i am new and in desperate need of finding this toy

p.p.p.s i have tryed every work i can think of in every category i can thing of to find this on google and even patent websites with no luck please to help me with my sanity help

Subject: Re: lost toy of the 90's and your help (please)

Written By: cube60659 on 06/29/10 at 1:11 am

no takers for this question???

Written By: cube60659 on 06/30/10 at 8:30 pm

please soom help even a guess  :-[ :(

Written By: cube60659 on 07/05/10 at 4:57 pm

?

Check for new replies or respond here...