inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Books on the '90s Economic "Boom"

Written By: Ryan112390 on 08/27/10 at 1:21 am

Any good books on the 90s in the context of the economic boom of the mid-late 90s?

Basically I want to try to understand the era from 1993-2001in a sociological, political, economical, and cultural way, also in terms of the way different generations acted and interacted in the period. To me, the '90s, as a socio-cultural-political era, begin with 1993 and end withs with 2001. I'd love to understand it in these sort of ways.

Subject: Re: Books on the '90s Economic "Boom"

Written By: joeman on 08/27/10 at 2:56 pm

Any good books on the 90s in the context of the economic boom of the mid-late 90s?

Basically I want to try to understand the era from 1993-2001in a sociological, political, economical, and cultural way, also in terms of the way different generations acted and interacted in the period. To me, the '90s, as a socio-cultural-political era, begin with 1993 and end withs with 2001. I'd love to understand it in these sort of ways.

I don't have any books but what led to the boom in the 90s IMO was the accessibility of the internet and computers.  Remember, computers used to be have really slow processing speed and can hold only 12 mb of memory.  It was small and in the 90s it was still small compared to today.  However, with computers being cheap, things like paper were lessed used, and information was processed much faster which led to many companies saving a lot of money BIG TIME.  While tiny and primitive compared to today, a 56 K modem with accessible email address did much more than sending a mail and waiting for days for it.

Subject: Re: Books on the '90s Economic "Boom"

Written By: 80sfan on 08/28/10 at 1:12 am

The Dow peaked on March 10, 2000 I think. I think the economy was great between 1994 and 2000.

Check for new replies or respond here...