inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Collecting the 90s Usenet Archive Postings

Written By: Ryan112390 on 08/27/10 at 3:17 pm

Google Group's Usenet archives is slowly breaking down, and once it does break, all those posts which tell the history, pop culture and trends of the 90s (and some of the 80s) from the then current point of view will be lost. Since this is a board largely dedicated to preserving and discussing the memories of the pop culture and history of the past, I was wondering if someone would be interested in embarking on a project to save the Usenet postings on a lot of 90s topics--Perhaps reposting them here?

The Usenet Archives have been useful here before in telling the beginning of a trend, for example in this thread where it was evident that people already thought MTV was starting to suck as early as 1996: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=38187.0

So, if someone would like to help me preserve these old postings as a contemporary record of 90s sentiment, trends and pop culture, I'd be really grateful.

Check for new replies or respond here...