inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which generation am I a part of?

Written By: nintieskid999 on 10/22/10 at 5:29 pm

I'm obviously a member of generation Y (peak Y to be precise) but I mean decadewise. was born in 1986, went to preschool in 1989, was in preschool, elementary school, and middle school in the 90s. I went to high school in the 00s. I consider myself a part of the late 90s/early 00s/mid 00s generation. What's your opinion?

Subject: Re: Which generation am I a part of?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/10 at 5:40 pm

As you have said, you are generation Y

Written By: yelimsexa on 10/22/10 at 5:56 pm

Would anyone argue that one of the difference between early Y and late Y is that early Y despises Auto-tuned music and electrorap? (those born before 1989 or so?)

Written By: nintieskid999 on 10/22/10 at 6:01 pm

As you have said, you are generation Y

I didn't mean the general cohort, I'm talking more about decades. 1986 is an extremely Y year to be born in.

Written By: joeman on 10/22/10 at 9:49 pm

Would anyone argue that one of the difference between early Y and late Y is that early Y despises Auto-tuned music and electrorap? (those born before 1989 or so?)

Depends.  I think pure Generation Y starts in 1986 or 1987, because of their HS years starting in the 00s instead of the 90s.

Written By: tnf on 10/25/10 at 4:46 am

What generation do you belong to if you're born in 1981?

I've got the feeling I don't clearly belong to a generation, I'm not really X and not really Y.

Check for new replies or respond here...