inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Terminator II

Written By: joeman on 02/10/11 at 9:28 pm

I thought this was the best movie that came out of the early 90s and that it was better than the first movie.  The T-1000 was scary as hell, and I liked the Apocalyptic feel to the film.  What was very interesting was how Arnold was able to play a good guy in this film despite being the bad guy in the first film, but then he was  a 'different model.'  Anyone else thought this movie kicked so much ass?

Subject: Re: Terminator II

Written By: nicole1977 on 02/10/11 at 10:09 pm

I like the first one better.

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/11 at 11:35 pm

I like them both. The third one sucked. The tv series was great and I haven't seen salvation yet. Overall tho I'm a huge fan of the franchise.
I hate robt Patricks running style tho. It looked lame  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 02/11/11 at 2:50 am

I liked the 2nd one the best!

Hey, you guys notice a pattern in movie series? The first 2 usually are good, but once the 3rd installment hits you realized that the series starts to go down hill!?  ::)

Kinda like Scream. The first 2 were good, but I thought the 3rd one was lame.

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/11 at 6:55 pm

The first one is always the origins story. You spend a lot of time establishing characters and background stories.

When you get to the second one you have the characters and histories established so you can get right into the story. 

The third one usually has a different creative team so you lose the quality you found in the first two.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/11/11 at 8:54 pm

I liked the first two.  The first one more just because of Michael Beihn.  Quite the hottie.

I liked the third one, but only when I disassociated it with the franchise.  To me it was just a movie on it's own.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/11/11 at 8:55 pm

The first one is always the origins story. You spend a lot of time establishing characters and background stories.

When you get to the second one you have the characters and histories established so you can get right into the story. 

The third one usually has a different creative team so you lose the quality you found in the first two.

It happened with the Spider-Man movie series too! I mean, the 3rd one was great, but it wasn't as good as the first 2!

It's rare that I really like a 3rd installment in a series!! I might 'like' it, but I rarely 'love' it, Lol.

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/11 at 10:20 pm

I liked the third one, but only for the appearance of the psychiatrist (played by Earl Boen), who, along with Arnold, were the only two actors to appear in the first three Terminator films.

When T2 came to theatres, part of the surprise of it was that you were not supposed to know that Arnold was a good guy, but word got out and almost everyone who saw it before I did spoiled it

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/11 at 10:54 pm

When T2 came to theatres, part of the surprise of it was that you were not supposed to know that Arnold was a good guy, but word got out and almost everyone who saw it before I did spoiled it

I was fortunate enough to see it opening day so I had no clue. I didn't spoil it for anyone tho.

Written By: Yee on 02/16/11 at 12:26 pm

T2 is the best film out of the franchise. This film represents a shift in film making. In my opinion, this film is one of the best produced. Not only does it have real stunts, it is technologically advanced compared to films of its era. Films nowadays need to spend more on real stunts rather than 100% CG and green screen, I mean green screen has made great titles possible.
T2 for life! haha
I got it on bluray and it is even better! haha

Written By: snozberries on 02/16/11 at 1:38 pm

Yeah it's amazing how they made a real t-1000 and actually had him do things like elongate his finger into a sword or stand there with his nearly fragmented body parts flailing around. Oh and when the actually had the molecules come back and reassemble. It's wonderful that they were able to make that film with absolutely no cgi and green screen

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/19/11 at 8:29 pm

Yeah it's amazing how they made a real t-1000 and actually had him do things like elongate his finger into a sword or stand there with his nearly fragmented body parts flailing around. Oh and when the actually had the molecules come back and reassemble. It's wonderful that they were able to make that film with absolutely no cgi and green screen

LOL, true.  But the parent poster had a point: most of T2 was live-action, and when it was done in CGI, the CGI was (by the standards of the day) mind-blowing.  Today, a typical video game has comparable CGI, and it does it in real time.

CGI's gotten to the point where it's very hard to blow minds anymore.  The faces in Avatar were probably the closest I've been to "whoa" since the days of T2.

Written By: ralfy on 08/14/16 at 2:55 am

"Terminator 2: Judgment Day is 25! Here are 9 things you never knew about the supercharged sequel"

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/terminator/feature/a799882/terminator-2-judgment-day-facts-25th-anniversary/

"Aliens, Terminator 2: how James Cameron crafts his sequels"

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/aliens-terminator/41954/aliens-terminator-2-how-james-cameron-crafts-his-sequels

Subject: Terminator II

Written By: Dude111 on 03/03/18 at 1:10 pm

I like the first one better.

First def is much nicer!!!!!!

3rd and 4th ones blow basically.........

Check for new replies or respond here...