inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: song from mid 90s with guy singing like girl-HELP

Written By: Heidi on 02/13/11 at 7:55 pm

Hey there is a song that i am trying to find out the name of.
its from around 1994-96 where its  agrunge band and the singer is male but he is singing in a high pitched voice to imitate a girls voice and its about how hard life is to be a girl such as double standards with relationships ect.
Its not no doubt, just a girl lol thats what every one keeps telling me lol its sung by a guy!
its a slower song for a grunge band, i dont think it was garbage or bush but tis around that era, it reminds me of polyester girl by regurgitator.

sorry for the lack of info lol

Subject: Re: song from mid 90s with guy singing like girl-HELP

Written By: quistis on 02/17/11 at 12:28 am

Hey there is a song that i am trying to find out the name of.
its from around 1994-96 where its  agrunge band and the singer is male but he is singing in a high pitched voice to imitate a girls voice and its about how hard life is to be a girl such as double standards with relationships ect.
Its not no doubt, just a girl lol thats what every one keeps telling me lol its sung by a guy!
its a slower song for a grunge band, i dont think it was garbage or bush but tis around that era, it reminds me of polyester girl by regurgitator.

sorry for the lack of info lol

Could the song be Your Woman by White Town?  The song is from 1997.  The song is performed by a guy. 

The chorus goes, "Well I guess what they say is true, I could never be the right kind of girl for you.  I could never be your woman."

Check for new replies or respond here...