inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Glamour Shots

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/27/11 at 11:26 am

Who remembers when Glamour Shots photography was the rage?  Every mall had one, and it was fashionable to get a glamour shot or two for your collection.  :-*

In 1992 I did this, and they came out pretty nice.  I was 32 then which is probably a good age for getting a high style photo.

Anyone else?

Subject: Re: Glamour Shots

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/27/11 at 5:58 pm

I had some glamour shots done around 1997ish.  I was gonna post them on this thread, but I can't seem to find them on my computer now.  I guess I will have to borrow them off my mom next time I'm there.  They turned out nicely, but obviously, with my hair done and makeup done, they looked nothing like how I normally looked.  None of the guys I dated (or married) like them for some reason.  *shrugs her shoulders*

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/07/11 at 1:54 pm

Unfortunately although these places were quite popular, they never actually existed.  It was simply a dream that millions of people had at the same time, and it lasted 10 years.  We all woke up in 2000 and realized we were dreaming about glamour for 10 years, and then we threw up.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/20/11 at 8:49 am

Unfortunately although these places were quite popular, they never actually existed.  It was simply a dream that millions of people had at the same time, and it lasted 10 years.  We all woke up in 2000 and realized we were dreaming about glamour for 10 years, and then we threw up.

Good one    ;D  :D

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/20/11 at 10:28 am

I remember them but I never had any done.  I just couldn't picture myself wearing a sequined cowboy hat and studded leather jacket.  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/08/11 at 5:44 am

I had some glamour shots done around 1997ish.  I was gonna post them on this thread, but I can't seem to find them on my computer now.  I guess I will have to borrow them off my mom next time I'm there.  They turned out nicely, but obviously, with my hair done and makeup done, they looked nothing like how I normally looked.  None of the guys I dated (or married) like them for some reason.  *shrugs her shoulders*

Found one, it's me looking like a poodle with a feather boa around my neck.  8-P

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/pattyglamourshot1992.jpg

I decidedly look much less like a poodle nowadays...

Check for new replies or respond here...