inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nickelodeon finally gives us back our childhood!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/11/11 at 7:19 pm

Old school Nick fans, you have hoped and prayed for this day to come. Well, March 10, 2011 may have been the happiest day of all your lives!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/03/10/90s-nickelodeon-shows-teennick/

Nickelodeon's TeenNick channel on digital cable will fresh out the box. They will unleash a SNICK-like two-hour block from midnight to 2 a.m. ET (Monday thu Sunday) on TeenNick called "The 90s Are All That." You can probably guess one of the shows that's reportedly making the cut.  ;)

Reported shows include "All That," "Kenan & Kel," "Salute Your Shorts," "The Adventures of Pete & Pete," "Clarissa Explains It All," "Rugrats," "Rocket Power," and "The Amanda Show."

Hopefully the package will include "AAAHHH!!! Real Monsters," "My Brother and Me," "Are You Afraid of the Dark?," "The Secret World of Alex Mack," "Double Dare," "Weinerville," "Nick Arcade," "GUTS," "Figure It Out," "Shelby Woo," "Space Cases" (especially since Walter Jones was on it, and Nick and Saban have Power Rangers now), "Eureeka's Castle," hell, all of 'em. I think "Wild & Crazy Kids" and even Nick News Archives are called for.

Anyone wanna make a Downfall parody about this precious piece of news?

Subject: Re: Nickelodeon finally gives us back our childhood!

Written By: Mat1991 on 03/11/11 at 8:58 pm

That's very interesting. I wonder if they're also going to include all the original bumpers and such from the '90s? I'll definitely keep my eye out for that, but I must say that, growing up, I watched Cartoon Network more often than I watched Nickelodeon. I'd probably be more excited if there were a '90s Cartoon Network comeback, but at least we have Boomerang.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 03/11/11 at 9:32 pm

Awww, now I can flashback to when I was 8.  ;D

Written By: RG1995 on 03/11/11 at 10:03 pm

Finally....finally...  :D

Written By: Milkof1996 on 03/11/11 at 10:11 pm

Man, Why did I have to be born in 1996, where I could only see the very end, or just reruns of these shows. Oh well, good thing I can see 90s shows again!

Written By: wildcard on 03/12/11 at 12:10 am

and when we think about you it makes me wanna fart.  I watched Nick with my brothers in the 90's.  I'm an 82er and the biggest thing for me was Muppet Babies, but where talking about 90.  Hey Dude ended in 91.  My Nick childhood shows ended in 91.  Cool though, bring back some cartoons and shows that were/are still good instead of the junk they have now. 

Written By: joeman on 03/12/11 at 10:07 am

We didn't get cable until 1994 and by then I was 9 years old, but I did enjoy watching the original Rugrats, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren N Stimpy, and a bunch of other cartoons from that era.  Personally I really like the late 90s cartoons like Hey Arnold, Catdog, Angry Beavers, Rocket Power(suck it haters), and a few other cartoons plus Nick at Nite(when they were showing reruns of the Wonder Years).

Written By: wildcard on 03/12/11 at 12:41 pm

yeah, Doug is something I enjoyed watching with my brothers.  I liked Hey Arnald and the original Rugrats too

Written By: RG1995 on 03/12/11 at 1:46 pm

Man, Why did I have to be born in 1996, where I could only see the very end, or just reruns of these shows. Oh well, good thing I can see 90s shows again!
Whate are you talking about? I am from 1995 and I remember all of the great shows from the late 90's/early 00's.

Written By: Milkof1996 on 03/12/11 at 2:37 pm

Whate are you talking about? I am from 1995 and I remember all of the great shows from the late 90's/early 00's.

I remember those too, I'm talking about the late 80s/early 90s shows. Don't get me wrong, I did love late 90s/early 00s cartoons, but I wanna have the chance to see 80s cartoons and shows since I've only seen a few like Alvin and the Chipmunks for example.

Written By: ProfS on 03/12/11 at 4:29 pm

I would love to see Salute Your Shorts again. That was a classic show.

Written By: weareclouds on 03/19/11 at 6:10 pm

This is on the same time as the Hub's lineup of 80s/90s shows. And, Empty Nest on Hallmark when it moves in April.

I'm glad they wanna give us back the 90s. But, can't they do it at a different time slot. :(

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/25/11 at 9:53 am

This is on the same time as the Hub's lineup of 80s/90s shows. And, Empty Nest on Hallmark when it moves in April.

I'm glad they wanna give us back the 90s. But, can't they do it at a different time slot. :(

I hope soon Nickelodeon DOES launch a Nick Rewind Station, this would be a great addition to TV Stations.

And I also hope that CN and The Disney Channel would do the same thing...with Disney Junior coming soon...maybe we can have The Disney Channel have 2 hours of Disney Cartoons of the 90's as well as Vault Disney.

I really think the 90's craze is coming faster because the 00's sucked major ass!

Written By: RG1995 on 03/25/11 at 2:09 pm

I really think the 90's craze is coming faster because the 00's sucked major ass!
God I hope so....

Written By: nupur on 03/25/11 at 7:01 pm

Yay! But what really sucks is I will need to be sleeping then. Gotta convince the parentals to finally invest in DVR, I guess.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 03/28/11 at 8:27 pm

I'm really hoping for Are You Afraid Of The Dark, my bro showed me some episodes of that and they were great.

Written By: Matthew Davis on 08/10/11 at 6:02 pm

Ive been watching the 90s are all that. There showing all that, kenan and kel, clarissa explains it all and doug. when i first saw it i was filled with joy. and watching all these shows that takes me back to when i was little. i read that there are suppose to air some more like ahhh real monsters, salute your shorts, adeventures of pete and pete, weinerville,rocket power, cat and dog,rugrats.along with the game shows like double dare, guts and my favorite legends of the living temple. it said its expecting to be on in the near future. Its been a couple of weeks now. I'm hoping it will come on soon. well im glad that they brung them back. thank you facebook. and thanks to all the people that has thought of the idea on facebook.

Check for new replies or respond here...