inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Urban Legends from the 90s

Written By: joeman on 03/12/11 at 10:10 am

Anyone remember hearing something that was widely popular but turned out not to be true.  Here is one that comes to mind:  Paul from the Wonder Years, a geeky loser character, turning out to be Marilyn Manson.  I really believed this until Manson came out and said he wasn't Paul from the Wonder Years.  Funny thing, when the real Paul was going to college, people emailed a lot asking the same question.

Subject: Re: Urban Legends from the 90s

Written By: ProfS on 03/12/11 at 4:29 pm

I remember that urban legend pretty vividly. The 90s saw so many, especially with the internet becoming prevalent in everyone's homes.

Written By: nupur on 03/25/11 at 6:56 pm

Y2K

Does that count?

Written By: ProfS on 03/26/11 at 6:09 pm

The funny thing about Y2K was that it was an urban legend that actually had an expiration date. It had to end on 1/1/00. As soon as the year changed it was all over.

Written By: joeman on 03/27/11 at 10:08 pm

Yeah, I still remember the software packages Best Buy tried to sell at the time labeled "Y2K compatible".  I actually liked that one Family Guy episode when Y2K did happen, and people lived in Mad Max world.

Check for new replies or respond here...