inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Long Island, New York Mall, summer 1990 - Retronaut

Written By: youngerderek on 04/05/11 at 3:55 am

Damn this is what the world and people looked like 20 years ago? I wonder if in 2032, we 2011ers will look as weird.  ;D

http://www.howtobearetronaut.com/2011/03/usa-shopping-malls-summer-1990/

Subject: Re: Long Island, New York Mall, summer 1990 - Retronaut

Written By: snozberries on 04/05/11 at 11:48 am

These are the kind of pointless topics we were talking about in that other thread.  ::)

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/05/11 at 12:04 pm

No, this is what LONG ISLANDERS looked like.  Long Island, Staten Island and Jersey are completely different than the rest of the world...still are.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/11 at 1:28 pm

Depends if the Full Moon is due?

Written By: youngerderek on 04/05/11 at 8:12 pm

No, this is what LONG ISLANDERS looked like.  Long Island, Staten Island and Jersey are completely different than the rest of the world...still are.

true true

Written By: Mat1991 on 04/07/11 at 11:35 pm

Those pictures were taken a year before I was born.  :)

It was interesting to see all those people smoking cigarettes inside the mall. Of course, they can't do that at most malls anymore.  ::)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/07/11 at 11:58 pm

I think I know one of the guys from the photos. The dude wearing the Mickey Mouse t-shirt.

Written By: yelimsexa on 04/08/11 at 7:16 am

Don't forget these two threads I created about mall videos/commercials on this board awhile back! But clearly up until Nirvana came out, it was "still the '80s." MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice were carryovers of the late '80s rap scene like the Fresh Prince/Run DMC/Tone Loc/Young MC, albeit a bit more mainstream).

http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe80s/smf/1250793741.shtml- The '80s
]http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe90s/smf/1250797737.shtml]- The '90s

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/11 at 9:41 am

I think I know one of the guys from the photos. The dude wearing the Mickey Mouse t-shirt.

seriously??? small world...

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/11 at 2:27 pm

It's a small world after all!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/08/11 at 11:09 pm

Still waiting for confirmation by him.  But it's likely since he's about my age (a little older) and since some of the photos were from NY/NJ mall and he's a HUGE Disney freak (plus he's always had long "rocker" hair) it's very likely.  I "know" him from another message board that I used to be a part of before I discovered the ooze.

Written By: youngerderek on 04/08/11 at 11:10 pm

Still waiting for confirmation by him.  But it's likely since he's about my age (a little older) and since some of the photos were from NY/NJ mall and he's a HUGE Disney freak (plus he's always had long "rocker" hair) it's very likely.  I "know" him from another message board that I used to be a part of before I discovered the ooze.

damn that's crazy, 7 billion people almost in the world and you can still run into people you know ...

Check for new replies or respond here...