inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Early 90s Canadian teen show? Help?

Written By: Mike from Jersey on 05/02/11 at 1:36 pm

I've been thinking about this a lot lately..

I remember back in 2004 I was watching the Canadian channel YTV, and they were showing some rerun of a show that looks like it must have been on in the early 90s (from my memory it had a very 1991-1993 look to it). I honestly don't remember much and I only saw the one episode, but I'd really like to know if somebody could tell me what the series was.

It was one of those teenage girl, coming of age conflict shows. I remember there was the one girl who must have been popular or something, but she kept breaking all these rules and stealing, etc. She had a stepmother who she refused to call "mom" but instead called her by her first name, which greatly upset the step mother. There was also a "nice" girl who I think was becoming friends with this bad girl, and as she hung out with her more she started to do things she normally wouldn't. I think eventually she started stealing perfume from the Roots store or something, ha ha. One of the nice girl's friends started noticing how she was acting differently, and I think she got a little angry over it and confronted her. I think the episode ended with the "nice" girl being called to the principal's office in the middle of class...

I'd just really like to know if this is familiar to anybody. And just for the record, I am NOT talking about Freaks and Geeks.

Subject: Re: Early 90s Canadian teen show? Help?

Written By: whistledog on 05/02/11 at 2:08 pm

When 90s Canadian Teen shows come to mind, the first thing I think of is a show called Catwalk starring Neve Campbell.  PRobably not the one you ar elooking for, though ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOvYmAZEUKI

Written By: Mike from Jersey on 05/02/11 at 2:42 pm

That's not it. Thanks though.

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/11 at 11:36 pm

Sounds like it could be an episode of Ready or Not (1993ish)...  or Degrassi (late 80s) (2001-pres)

Written By: whistledog on 05/03/11 at 1:52 am

Sounds like it could be an episode of Ready or Not (1993ish)

:o

Did that show air in the US?

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/11 at 1:55 am

:o

Did that show air in the US?

yeah! It aired on Showtime... I loved it! I think I saw all the eps but I'm not certain if the last season made it here or not...Is it on DVD in Canada? I want it!

Written By: whistledog on 05/03/11 at 2:05 am

yeah! It aired on Showtime... I loved it! I think I saw all the eps but I'm not certain if the last season made it here or not...Is it on DVD in Canada? I want it!

Dang, I had no idea.  It is not on DVD yet, but it should be.

Laura Bertram, who played Amanda, went on to co-star on Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda.  Man, dod I ever have a crush on her

I always remembered Ready or Not for the guy who played Busy's dad.  He used to appear on all kinds of Canadian TV shows and films in the 80s, and more recently, he is seen in all kinds of Hollywood films like Saw VI and My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/11 at 2:27 am

Dang, I had no idea.  It is not on DVD yet, but it should be.

Laura Bertram, who played Amanda, went on to co-star on Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda.  Man, dod I ever have a crush on her

I always remembered Ready or Not for the guy who played Busy's dad.  He used to appear on all kinds of Canadian TV shows and films in the 80s, and more recently, he is seen in all kinds of Hollywood films like Saw VI and My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Yeah it really should be on DVD. I didn't see andromeda but I often wondered if they did anything else (not enough to imdb them) but I wondered ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...