inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Vanilla Ice vs MC Hammer

Written By: joeman on 05/11/11 at 11:35 am

Both were old-school rapper that were popular at the same time around 1990.  From what I have heard though, MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This" was at #1 at the Billboard charts for more than 6 months of that year. 

Both also went through some downfall in the later 90s and changed their styles.  Ice had a Death-Metal/Nu-Metal band with his remake of Ice Ice Baby and MC Hammer went to gangsta rap.

Which artist did you like more?

Subject: Re: Vanilla Ice vs MC Hammer

Written By: whistledog on 05/11/11 at 11:51 am

MC Hammer had more hits, but I liked Vanilla Ice better.  'Play That Funky Music' was one of my favourites back in the day.

Written By: wildcard on 05/11/11 at 12:51 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/mchammer16.shtml

Written By: gmann on 05/12/11 at 1:20 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A7tLVIsuNw

Written By: tv on 05/12/11 at 2:00 pm

MC Hammer was good till 1994. I'll take Hammer over Vanilla Ice. Vanilla Ice is a joke and was a "flash in the pan".

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/12/11 at 9:04 pm

Yeah, but can you find an MC Hammer song that works with Rebecca Black's "Friday"?

Open two windows, one for Vanilla Ice and one for Rebecca Black. Hit Play on Ice Ice Baby. 30 seconds later, on the beat between the words 'Something' and 'grabs', hit play on Rebecca Black, and mute Friday (aren't you grateful)? It's the 2011 version of Dark Side of the Rainbow (playing Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon over the entire movie Wizard of Oz).

Can anyone find (or remake/reupload) the video mashup that does this automatically?  I first this last month on That Other Place but only saw it in text/copypasta form, and can't find a proper youtube link.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/13/11 at 5:09 pm

Hammer Time!

Check for new replies or respond here...