inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Board flashback: So long, 90s! (1999)

Written By: yelimsexa on 05/17/11 at 7:01 am

Subject: So long, 90s!
Written By: CosmicGirl2000 on 12/30/1999 at 8:23 p.m.

Well, tommorrow is the very last day of the decade! Can you believe all that has happened within the last ten years? I mean look at 1990 compared to 1999. Back then, girls still had big hair, people wore extrememly bright neon colors, only business execs owned cell phones and pagers, computers were still primitive, and evrything seemed frivilous and neon. Now, everything is WAY more high tech, sleek, and sensible. Just take a look around next time you are out, it boggles the mind! Better yet stll, compare 1900 to 2000! Now THAT is pretty darn amazing!!!

To me this is proof that nothing really happened in the '00s except for social media (though it was still the same Internet to me). I wish we went straight from 1999 to 2010 and forgot that decade. 

Subject: Re: Board flashback: So long, 90s! (1999)

Written By: Mat1991 on 05/17/11 at 9:03 am

Well, tommorrow is the very last day of the decade! Can you believe all that has happened within the last ten years? I mean look at 1990 compared to 1999. Back then, girls still had big hair, people wore extrememly bright neon colors, only business execs owned cell phones and pagers, computers were still primitive, and evrything seemed frivilous and neon. Now, everything is WAY more high tech, sleek, and sensible. Just take a look around next time you are out, it boggles the mind! Better yet stll, compare 1900 to 2000! Now THAT is pretty darn amazing!!!

To me this is proof that nothing really happened in the '00s except for social media (though it was still the same Internet to me). I wish we went straight from 1999 to 2010 and forgot that decade. 

What about 9/11? The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? The recession? Plenty of things happened in the past decade that are likely to have far-reaching implications.

Subject: Re: Board flashback: So long, 90s! (1999)

Written By: Emman on 05/17/11 at 10:32 am

You think nothing happened in the '00s ???, the '00s were alot more eventful than the '90s in my opinion, 911 all by itself is a major event but the '00s was literally full of them, that's one of the things the last decade is known for.

Check for new replies or respond here...