inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Adventure Games

Written By: Ryan112390 on 06/26/11 at 4:07 pm

Anyone here love Adventure games, for example the King's Queat, Space Quest, Quest for Glory, Leisure Suit Larry, Conquests of Camelot and Laura Bow series by Sierra, or the Myst, Manhole, and other series by Cyan/Broderbund? Another example would be the Sam & Max games and Monkey Island series by LucasArts, along with other LucasArts games like Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis as well as The Dig.

Then you had plenty of other adventures like Fable (the 1996 PC game), the Broken Sword series, and many others. I put this in the 90s section as while the Adventure Game genre started in the '70s and enjoyed great popularity in the '80s, the genre arguably hit it's peak of popularity in the mid 90s, when Myst became the highest selling PC game of all time (1995).

Around the late '90s, sales of adventure games were overtaken by FPS games and RPGS (the modern RPG is just Adventure games and Hack N' Slash games combined into one genre, IMO). In recent years, however, the adventure genre has seen a pretty decent revival, and a new generation of gamers are becoming hooked on adventure games.

Subject: Re: Adventure Games

Written By: whistledog on 06/26/11 at 4:36 pm

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.  Excellent stuff. 

On the Wii version of 'Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings', you can unlock 'Fate of Atlantis' to play.

Written By: Rhodes on 06/27/11 at 1:17 pm

Well I spent an absurd amount of time playing the old moraff adventure games back in the mid 90s. that and Eternam. now that was a bizarre game

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/27/11 at 1:19 pm

I played Myst before and enjoyed it very much.

Written By: Brian06 on 06/27/11 at 4:31 pm

I remember I had Myst for my PS1 way back in '96.

Check for new replies or respond here...