inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 90s chick vs 2011 chick

Written By: Mia on 06/29/11 at 9:56 am

Is it just me or do girls/women today seem more...overly emotional? I don't know if it's the whole emo/scene kid thing that's popular now, but it seems like cry girls 21 and under are always crying about something or starting drama. Especially with this social networking going on, which i have a love/hate relationship with.

I'm on this site right now called wireclub, and I've met some pretty cool people but I've noticed that most of the girls on the site take things way too seriously and cry over the stupidest things. Some buy on the site who was listed as bisexual said that he was just gonna exclusively date guys cause he gave up on girls since they're b*tches and always starting drama. Wow. Fortunately all my girlfriends are really down to earth, mature, and levelheaded. None of them act like what I've seen and I wonder if it's because of age and the way they were raised??

Three out of five of my girlfriends are between the ages of 23 and 26  (I'm 24) and they are really chill, sometimes tom boyish. They remember a lot of music and stuff from the 90s and sometimes we just sit and reminisce. The other two girls in the group are under 21 and pretty emotional about things; one girl pretty much had a nervous breakdown when her boyfriend broke up with her...and all of us that were older than her were telling her not to let a man get her this way and just giving her advice and everything...this makes me wonder if those of us girls who grew up in the 90s are calmer, more mature, and less emotional that girls today.

Subject: Re: 90s chick vs 2011 chick

Written By: Mia on 06/29/11 at 9:59 am

Some buy on the site who was listed as bisexual said that he was just gonna exclusively date guys cause he gave up on girls since they're b*tches and always starting drama.

sorry meant to say   "some *guy on the site who was listed as bisexual..."

Written By: RG1995 on 06/29/11 at 5:35 pm

Emo isn't popular and most girls aren't like that. I am sure some 90s girls were like that too.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/29/11 at 6:13 pm

You say your friends are mature, but that post seems like it was written by a young teen.  How old are you?

Written By: JohnAvery94 on 06/29/11 at 6:19 pm

Women get More Sensitive by the Decade, It gets harder to date women each decade.

Also, Women just aren't AS Attractive as they were in the 90s.

Here have a Look -->

Pamela Anderson, Hottest Woman of the 90s IMO

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/1989_Baywatch_(TV-Series_1989-2001)/1989_baywatch_007.jpg

Vs.

Megan Fox, Hottest Woman of 2011 IMO

http://cdn2.maxim.com/maxim/files/2007/07/19/megan-fox/megan-fox-gm_l1.jpg

Now they're Both, Beautiful women, But I have to pick Pamela Anderson over Megan Fox in those pictures.

The Only ONE Reason I Choose Pamela over Megan is due to Their Hair in the pictures, Pamela IMO had a Better Hairstyle(Women's Hair in the 2000s and now, aren't Great IMO, It's Just Straight lol)

Pamela's Hair added to Her Beautiful. But You Know I'd take Both Women in Real Life if I could, Just Raw Beauty.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/29/11 at 6:54 pm

Women get More Sensitive by the Decade, It gets harder to date women each decade.

How many decades have you been trying to get a date? Maybe it isn't the decade. 

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/29/11 at 7:20 pm

;D

Written By: joeman on 06/29/11 at 7:24 pm

Remember, he had his first make-out session at the age of 4!

Written By: danootaandme on 06/29/11 at 7:34 pm

Remember, he had his first make-out session at the age of 4!

and he does the nasty like a 14 year old.

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/29/11 at 7:45 pm

and he does the nasty like a 14 year old.

Karma!  You are on a roll tonight!  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 06/29/11 at 7:53 pm

Karma!  You are on a roll tonight!  ;D

I've been holding back.  The kid has issues, I think the best thing to do is to let him talk himself out.

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/29/11 at 7:57 pm

I've been holding back.  The kid has issues, I think the best thing to do is to let him talk himself out.

I agree!  And while I haven't really been adding to the madness, I confess to being amused by it - I'm evil, I know!

Written By: Shiv on 06/29/11 at 11:27 pm

Uhhhhh I don't think there's much of a difference. Women are just biologically more emotional than men. Decades have nothing to do with it.

And, imo, women are much more attractive now than in the 90s. 90s womens fashion was pretty masculine.

Written By: joeman on 06/30/11 at 12:32 am

Uhhhhh I don't think there's much of a difference. Women are just biologically more emotional than men. Decades have nothing to do with it.

And, imo, women are much more attractive now than in the 90s. 90s womens fashion was pretty masculine.

I do agree a little bit, except with the early 90s.

I remember in the late 90s a lot of supermodels looked like old ladies with large breasts.

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 07/03/11 at 11:08 pm

I really don't care too much for current trends. I think in the 90's everybody wasn't trying to be the skinny hoe Megan Fox is. NOt to mention i the 90's she wasn't much too look at anyway for those who saw Cousin Skeeter.

Written By: nicole1977 on 07/06/11 at 10:44 am

Ummm, I beg to differ.  You see, I was actually there in the 90s to see this.  The early 90s (1990-1993) was when women of ALL races looked feminine.  The mid 90s was the one when women dressed in masculine clothing i.e. baggy clothes and what have you.  The late 90s was when women went back to looking feminine like the early 90s.   So, it depends of what part on the 90s.  I will say that the early 90s and the late 90s was when women look more attractive and feminine.  The mid 90s, not so much.

Written By: whistledog on 07/06/11 at 9:25 pm

http://cdn2.maxim.com/maxim/files/2007/07/19/megan-fox/megan-fox-gm_l1.jpg

I have a different shot of this same picture almost as wallpaper on my PS3, PSP and Xbox 360.  I would bang that like cymbals in an overworked marching band :D

Check for new replies or respond here...