inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: what was your favorite 90s memory

Written By: jen on 07/21/11 at 10:37 am

i have so many but it has to be the time i woke up christmas morning to the biggest pile of <a target="_blank" href="http://www.squidoo.com/toys-from-the-90s">90's</a><br /> toys! i cant wait to do that when my daughter gets a little older!

Subject: Re: what was your favorite 90s memory

Written By: Tia on 07/21/11 at 1:58 pm

i think probably when "smells like teen spirit" came out and i momentarily thought, erroneously, that rock was not dead.

Written By: Mat1991 on 07/21/11 at 2:12 pm

I guess my favorite memory would be playing at my grandma's house with my cousin during the day. Our grandma would babysit us while our parents worked, and we'd also go to school from her house.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/21/11 at 2:15 pm

I had a wonderful holiday back in 1994, it was in a foreign country, spent with good friends and we had a good time.

Written By: karen on 07/22/11 at 10:38 am

Getting married in 1992

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/22/11 at 1:31 pm

1998. I moved in with Carlos and that summer we took a trip across country. It was a bit delayed because the alternator on the car died just outside Indianapolis. It died in the best spot possible-just as we were checking into a hotel. 

After the car was repaired, the first stop was Tulsa for my grandmother's 90th birthday party/family reunion. It was the first time many members of my family met Carlos. Then we went on to California to visit his sister (who was living there at the time). It was my first trip to California. We went to Disneyland, complements of my sister who worked for the Disney Store at the time so she got comps. It was my first (and only) time I had been to any Disney theme parks. After we left, I thank Carlos because it was something that I had wanted to do all my life and he said, "I'm glad you had a good time and if you ever want to go again, take someone else because I hate amusement parks."  :o :o :o :o This was a total shock to me because he didn't say a single word the entire day. He made sure that I enjoyed myself. After California, we stopped in Vegas for a few hours and I won $300 (and bragging rights) in a slot machine.  ;D ;D We then went on to Bryce Canyon in Utah and then visited some friends in Denver. Then we came home. We were gone about 3 weeks to a month.

Cat

Written By: Brian06 on 07/22/11 at 1:39 pm

1997 had some big ones. Travelling to Alaska and later going to game 3 of the 1997 World Series.

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/26/11 at 9:00 am

Wow!  1998 was a great year for music.  Gloria Estefan, Cher, Alanis Morissette, Tori Amos, and of course Madonna all had some AMAZING albums that year.  This was my favorite year for music. 

Written By: amjikloviet_ on 08/03/11 at 8:30 pm

Too many, I'm going to say summer 1993. Nothing particularly special happened it was just a pleasant, idyllic time in my life  :)

Written By: King Tut on 08/03/11 at 10:44 pm

In 1996, when our softball team won a championship.  That same year, a horse owned by my sis and her husband won a race & a $200,000 grand prize.

Check for new replies or respond here...