inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The OJ Simpson Trial (January-October 1995)

Written By: Ryan112390 on 08/16/11 at 9:51 pm

Anyone remember the OJ Simpson trial? Was anyone else here--or maybe had a relative who was--in rapt attention throughout the trial? I remember my mother was almost obsessed with it, which led to fights between my parents because my dad thought it was a waste of time to watch. I remember being 4 and a half, 5 and watching CourtTV with my mother around this time, watching some of the trial with her.
Any memories? The OJ Simpson trial seems to dominate 1995 moreso than anything else, really.

Subject: Re: The OJ Simpson Trial (January-October 1995)

Written By: whistledog on 08/16/11 at 10:58 pm

Anyone remember the OJ Simpson trial?

No.  What was that?

Written By: King Tut on 08/16/11 at 11:07 pm

No.  What was that?

;D

Memories? Yes. A guy killed two people, and went free.
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/political-pictures-oj-simpson-prison-healthcare.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 08/17/11 at 12:25 am

Memories? Yes. A guy killed two people, and went free.
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/political-pictures-oj-simpson-prison-healthcare.jpg

He's in prison now for that Vegas Robbery.  If they couldn't get him for murder, they got him for robbery.  His booking in Nevada at the Clark County Detention Center appeared as one of the episodes of the reality series 'JAIL' which airs on Spike TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8W127m8DJc

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/19/11 at 11:35 pm

I got sick of the whole thing mighty quick.  I knew he was going to spend his fortune weaseling out of justice..and he did. 

Written By: Zeb on 08/26/11 at 9:54 pm

I don't really remember watching the bronco chase but when the trial started it was all over TV all the time for a whole two years.  My parents said they hadn't seen that kind of constant trial coverage since Watergate. 

Written By: Brian06 on 08/26/11 at 9:56 pm

I remember when it was all over the news and I remember my 3rd grade teacher telling us the verdict when it came out.

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 09/01/11 at 2:24 pm

I got sick of the whole thing mighty quick.  I knew he was going to spend his fortune weaseling out of justice..and he did.  
Wouldn't you? I wouldn't want to go to prison whether I did it or not. Of course I wouldn't wait 10+ years later and write a book about what I would've done if I did it. Now that was stupid.

Check for new replies or respond here...