inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sports memories of the '90s

Written By: Brian06 on 08/27/11 at 12:26 am

What are some of your sports memories from the 1990s? Being from Cleveland I was a big Indians fan as a kid and those "glory days" in the mid-late '90s mean a lot to me. 1997 World Series is the most memorable and heartbreaking (Indians were so very close), I attended Game 3 at Jacob's Field. I remember the Yankees championships in 96 and 98-2000 very well. I also remember the (steroid tainted) McGwire/Sosa home run race in '98.  ::) I remember the Bulls dominating basketball much of the decade. Biggest football memories are the Browns moving to Baltimore then "coming back" in 1999 and the Broncos 2 championships in Super Bowl XXXII and XXXIII.

Subject: Re: Sports memories of the '90s

Written By: Bobby on 08/27/11 at 11:43 am

The World Cup USA in 1994. I remember it primarily because England didn't get through to the 'finals', Italy's Roberto Baggio and Brazil's Romario. Also notorious for Diego Maradona's failed drug tests after his performance. I also remember it for Diana Ross missing the net during the introduction ceremony.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXjCKwBtG0I

Subject: Re: Sports memories of the '90s

Written By: King Tut on 08/27/11 at 2:54 pm

The baseball strike in 1994. I have never watched a game since. I never came back.

The blue jays winning in 1992, 1993.

Watching Andre Agassi play during the 90s.

Check for new replies or respond here...