inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Popular Sweet/Treat/Jello in The 90s?

Written By: Braken on 10/18/11 at 7:56 am

So there is a treat i remember my mom used to give me when i was growing up in the 1990s. I was born in Seattle, but moved to London in like 1998 so i dont remember if this treat was American or English, but here i go;

It came in multipacks of like 10
They were like jello, but they were small, like the size of a base of a drinking glass
They were colored
They were in individual packets, which were like semi circles, and the outer side you pop through, breaking the seal, and then you could eat it/

Subject: Re: Popular Sweet/Treat/Jello in The 90s?

Written By: jackowacko on 10/27/11 at 4:44 pm

jello shots?

Subject: Re: Popular Sweet/Treat/Jello in The 90s?

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/30/11 at 8:47 pm

http://myfoodlooksfunny.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/funny-food-photos-pre-packaged-jello-shots.jpg

Interesting.

I think I remember seeing an ad for the product that Braken is looking for.  They were non-alcoholic.  But the fact that a company existed and sold pre-packaged jello shots indicates that this form of food still exists.

There's also this link to a bag of Gel Bites, indicating non-alcoholic jello snacks still exist, but these aren't the things Braken's looking for.  I could be wrong, but vaguely recall something that resembled a small ice cube tray.  (Each jello snack was about the size of the "shots" shown above.)

Check for new replies or respond here...