inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What were you doing in 1992?

Written By: 80sfan on 02/09/12 at 1:01 am

I was a little kid (3?) playing with my teddy bear and my toys!
My family had been in America for 1 year by then and I remember going on a picnic circa August of that year.
I don't remember too much because I was too young.
Also I was too young for school so all I did was play and basically be a kid!
It was probably a very innocent time and I remember hearing Whitney Houston and Celine Dion on the radio, LOL.

You? What were you doing in 1992?

Subject: Re: What were you doing in 1992?

Written By: Mat1991 on 02/09/12 at 1:32 am

1992 was the year I celebrated my first birthday!

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx256/Mathew_2010/baby.jpg

Written By: Brian06 on 02/09/12 at 2:52 am

I turned 5 that year. I remember graduating preschool, playing with my toy cars, my big wheel, learning to ride a bike, I had lots of teddy bears, started to collect baseball cards. I still have my baseball cards from back then and it depresses me how freaking old they look now.  :o  Let's see what else umm I get SNES for Christmas that year and I remember I liked the Ninja Turtles.

Also I used to watch Barney back then. LOL  ::) Apparently it was brand new at the time.

This was my "computer" at the time (Mine was colored blue green but same system)

http://images.shopgoodwill.com/134/11-21-2011/sa72628411121-th.jpg

Looking at this knowing that 5 year olds today are rocking iPads, it makes me feel a bit old LOL.

Written By: Howard on 02/09/12 at 6:42 am

I graduated High School in June 1992, almost 20 years ago.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/09/12 at 10:12 am

1992 was the year I celebrated my first birthday!

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx256/Mathew_2010/baby.jpg

Wow, you were born only 3 years after me. We're both Gen Y.
And cool pic!

Written By: 80sfan on 02/09/12 at 10:13 am

I turned 5 that year. I remember graduating preschool, playing with my toy cars, my big wheel, learning to ride a bike, I had lots of teddy bears, started to collect baseball cards. I still have my baseball cards from back then and it depresses me how freaking old they look now.  :o  Let's see what else umm I get SNES for Christmas that year and I remember I liked the Ninja Turtles.

Also I used to watch Barney back then. LOL  ::) Apparently it was brand new at the time.

This was my "computer" at the time (Mine was colored blue green but same system)

http://images.shopgoodwill.com/134/11-21-2011/sa72628411121-th.jpg

Looking at this knowing that 5 year olds today are rocking iPads, it makes me feel a bit old LOL.

Yeah, Barney was extremely new in the 90s.  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 02/09/12 at 10:14 am

Class of 1992!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/09/12 at 10:58 am

I was in 8th-9th grade.  Probably awkward and boy crazy.  lol

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/09/12 at 11:09 am

I was twelve and in Jr. High School in 1992. Did what every twelve year old did at the time: attended school, spent time with friends from school, having fun on the bus ride to and from school lol. Listened to the top 40 with Casey Casem (sp?) on the radio, anyone remember him? profm, and Kix 106. Watched VH1 all the time that year.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/09/12 at 11:45 am

I was in 8th-9th grade.  Probably awkward and boy crazy.  lol

8th and 9th grade huh? So probably between age 13 and 15. Wow, those are some intense ages!

Written By: 80sfan on 02/09/12 at 11:45 am

I was twelve and in Jr. High School in 1992. Did what every twelve year old did at the time: attended school, spent time with friends from school, having fun on the bus ride to and from school lol. Listened to the top 40 with Casey Casem (sp?) on the radio, anyone remember him? profm, and Kix 106. Watched VH1 all the time that year.

Yeah, he was my favorite Top 40 host! Rick Dees (spelling?) was okay too.

Written By: nally on 02/09/12 at 12:26 pm

I went from elementary to junior high (aka "middle") school. That's right, when I was in the 6th grade, it was still elementary in many schools in the L.A. Unified School District... and during the second half of the year, many junior highs made the transition from 7th-8th-9th grades to 6th-7th-8th grades, including the middle school I attended.

During the first half of the year I remember watching a lot of kid-oriented TV programs, mostly cartoons, and there were some decent TV ads (a few of which I've been able to rewatch on Youtube). In addition, I was an avid watcher of "Full House" on ABC, as well as the older episodes (which had just gone into syndication).

In May of that year, I took my very first airplane trip, with my family...to San Jose, whereupon we drove to Monterey and spent the Memorial Day weekend in the Monterey Bay area before driving down to San Luis Obispo, and then home on Memorial Day. I remember our rental car had a car phone in it, and my mom even used it to call my grandmother to tell her about the trip.

I didn't listen to a lot of music then, but I did have a liking to the title track from the Disney animated film "Beauty & The Beast", which I had not yet seen (in fact, I didn't even see it until the following year, after it came out on video). The song was a hit on the charts that year, as I recall. It wasn't until years later when I really got to know music from that year.

Written By: Doc Brown on 02/09/12 at 12:46 pm

You too, Howie?

It's clear to me now that people like Mat1991 were put on this Earth to make us guys in our 30's feel OLD!

Your Pal,
Doc

;)

Written By: karen on 02/09/12 at 12:58 pm

1992 I got married

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/09/12 at 2:00 pm

8th and 9th grade huh? So probably between age 13 and 15. Wow, those are some intense ages!

Yep.  I was a 90's teen through and through. 

Written By: Howard on 02/09/12 at 2:05 pm

Yeah, Barney was extremely new in the 90s.  :o

and everybody bought stupid Barney dolls.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 02/09/12 at 2:05 pm

Class of 1992!

Exactly!

Written By: Howard on 02/09/12 at 2:08 pm

You too, Howie?

It's clear to me now that people like Mat1991 were put on this Earth to make us guys in our 30's feel OLD!

Your Pal,
Doc

;)

Well I'm getting close to 40. :P

Written By: Slim on 02/09/12 at 6:02 pm

Crapping my diapers.

Born in '91

:D

Written By: nally on 02/09/12 at 6:33 pm

and everybody bought stupid Barney dolls.  ::)

Oh yes, around that time his show premiered on PBS. Agreed on the ::)

Written By: Doc Brown on 02/09/12 at 7:38 pm

As a child of the 80's, I was graduating high school and changing the channel every time Nirvana came on(I despise Kurt Cobain to this day, the way he lived basically told kids everywhere to take their hair care money and waste it on heroin! >:( )
I suppose the coolest thing I ever did came the night of June 5. Since I couldn't land a date, I ordered a ticket, skipped the prom, and drove out of state to a rock concert. I've never done drugs, but the highest I have ever felt was in that stadium listening to a medley of Gabriel-era Genesis songs(this was the 'Can't Dance' tour, which featured some classics I had never heard before). I don't regret missing the prom, the girl I loved in high school went to the semi-formal back on Valentine's Day, and I have that memory to hold dear.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/09/12 at 10:00 pm

I was 15-16.  Lots of things happening.  Started going to school dances and the last good year for hair metal music.  First date, first kiss.  Driver's license and first car (a wagon of course).  Started playing the bass.  Grunge was just setting in but good music was still carryover pop and metal of the 80s.  Eurodance was big and I didn't dance but I listened.  Country music was getting a whole new sound and image with Garth Brooks, etc.., line dancing, and rockin bands playing prominent Hammond organs and 5 and 6 string basses.  TV was still family oriented, though most of it was carryovers of the 80s.  In 1992 we just got the FOX network over the air for the first time in our area.  Shows like Herman's Head, Flying Blind, The Edge.....  And the CBS lineup of Crimetime After Primetime was good, I used to stay up and watch that all the time.  My folks didn't care as long as I got up for school, which I did.  My sister was another story.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/09/12 at 11:14 pm

Here's a pic of the exact VTECH "computer" I had oh man this thing takes me back ROFL.  ;D

http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img/1110009600/_i/5922278/1.jpg

Written By: Brian06 on 02/10/12 at 2:49 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2H6pTtEVlo&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpugp6DIb3I

My kinda music from '92.

Written By: Howard on 02/10/12 at 6:37 am

and I think he's still popular today.

Written By: Howard on 02/10/12 at 6:38 am

My kinda music from '92.

Wow those songs take me back.

Written By: nally on 02/10/12 at 12:26 pm

Wow those songs take me back.

Yes, those were some good tracks from back then. "Under The Bridge" by Red Hot Chili Peppers and "One" by U2 were a couple big hits in the world of rock.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/10/12 at 12:29 pm

Yes, those were some good tracks from back then. "Under The Bridge" by Red Hot Chili Peppers and "One" by U2 were a couple big hits in the world of rock.

Those are two good ones too.

Written By: nally on 02/10/12 at 12:33 pm

Those are two good ones too.

I know, and they still get widely played on the radio today.

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/10/12 at 1:00 pm

My kinda music from '92.

Reminds me of when I was in the 7th grade =')

Some other songs I remember from 1992:

I love your smile - Shanice
I'll be there - Mariah Carey
The best things in life are free- Janet Jackson & Luther Vandross
Wishing on a star - Cover Girls
Mysterious ways - U2
Rhythm is a dancer - Snap

Written By: nally on 02/10/12 at 1:05 pm

and this one too...although I didn't really know it until years later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZBCrynyTU0

Written By: DJ Blaze on 02/10/12 at 2:53 pm

I wasn't even born :P

Written By: Superfly2008 on 02/10/12 at 3:56 pm

I was 2, and my sister was just being born. I don't remember what i was doing. Probably still pooping my pants, and running around, and doing toddler stuff.  :-\\

Written By: nally on 02/10/12 at 4:22 pm

I dressed up as Cousin Itt (from the Addams Family) for Halloween that year. I remember when I went trick-or-treating; it was hard for me to see where I was going, but I had two neighborhood friends who guided me.

Written By: Doc Brown on 02/10/12 at 4:32 pm

A few tunes I enjoyed:
Bruce Springsteen "57 Channels & Nothin'On"
Peter Gabriel, "Steam"
U2, "Even Better Than The Real Thing"
Richard Marx, "Hazard" (Was it ever revealed who killed Mary?)
Van Halen, "Right Now"
Bryan Adams, "There Will Never Be Another Tonight"
Genesis "Jesus, He Knows Me" (the live version is AWESOME!)

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: fusefan on 02/10/12 at 6:12 pm

I was 2, and my sister was just being born. I don't remember what i was doing. Probably still pooping my pants, and running around, and doing toddler stuff.  :-\\

Same here. Except I have no siblings.

Written By: Howard on 02/10/12 at 7:10 pm

and this one too...although I didn't really know it until years later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZBCrynyTU0

Swing Out Sister also had "Breakout".

Written By: Midas on 02/11/12 at 9:54 am

Spinning Techno trax and was involved in a long-distance relationship with a girl I met in Phoenix in '91 (she moved to DC 2 weeks before I moved to Dallas).  She ended up in NC and I moved to SC to live with my dad and be closer to her(6 hour-drive).  We broke up in '94 prior to me moving up to NC (The job market was better than where I was in SC).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/12 at 1:18 pm

Was beginning lifetime #2. Went back to school & met the Love of my Life in 1992. It was my Age of Enlightenment. Anything prior to that time was the Dark Ages.

Cat

Written By: Starde on 02/11/12 at 4:50 pm

What was I doing? Don't remember, but I celebrated my 1st b-day that year!  ;)

Written By: Emman on 02/11/12 at 6:50 pm

I was only in elementary school at the time, it's the first year I began my drawing and illustrating skills(can't believe it's been 20 years).

Written By: Howard on 02/11/12 at 7:38 pm

I graduated High School in 1992 then went straight into a vocational program, stayed there for 7 years.

Written By: af2010 on 02/11/12 at 8:47 pm

I turned 5 that year.  Can't say I really remember much pop culture wise.  I spent most of my time watching shows like David the Gnome and Muppet Babies.  I remember Christmas that year.  I got a Hulk Hogan wrestling buddy, which I think is still somewhere in my parents' attic.  Weird to look back on my early childhood and realize it was 20 years ago. :o

Written By: nally on 02/12/12 at 12:10 am

Swing Out Sister also had "Breakout".

Yes, and that was a hit in the late 80's. I really liked the "Am I The Same Girl" song because it was sort of a "vocalized" version of the instrumental classic "Soulful Strut" (by Young-Holt Unlimited)...and it was upbeat.

Written By: mylilypad on 02/16/12 at 8:06 pm

discovering this thing called internet. :)

http://stopmebeforeiblogagain.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/prodigy-online.jpeg

Written By: Howard on 02/17/12 at 6:37 am

discovering this thing called internet. :)

http://stopmebeforeiblogagain.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/prodigy-online.jpeg

I remember when I discovered the internet a few years later, that's when it was Windows 95 at the time.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 02/17/12 at 3:52 pm

Playing with the GameBoy of my sister.

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/17/12 at 7:19 pm

I remember when I discovered the internet a few years later, that's when it was Windows 95 at the time.

We had Windows 95 in my computer class when I was in High School. =D

Written By: nally on 02/17/12 at 7:22 pm

I didn't even use it until after I graduated from high school in '98; I was so acquainted with the Mac operating system. But when I started college in August of 1998, all the computers there had Windows 95 and I was able to figure it out pretty easily.

However, I think there might've been a class in my high school that taught the basics of Windows; I just never took it.

Written By: Howard on 02/17/12 at 7:28 pm

Playing with the GameBoy of my sister.

I used to play with my Gameboy and as of 20 years later I still have mine not in the best condition, It's playable.

Written By: Howard on 02/17/12 at 7:29 pm

How was it compared to now?  ???

Written By: nally on 02/17/12 at 7:31 pm

I used to play with my Gameboy and as of 20 years later I still have mine not in the best condition, It's playable.

I still have mine too, and it's in good condition. I have a special protective case for it.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 02/18/12 at 5:03 am

I don't know where my original is now. I replaced it by a GBC in the late '90's. Probably destroyed :(

Written By: Howard on 02/18/12 at 6:41 am

I don't know where my original is now. I replaced it by a GBC in the late '90's. Probably destroyed :(

mine is stored in a little box on my shelf.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/18/12 at 11:29 am

Turning 21.  Got real drunk on my birthday, it fell on a Friday.  Then, once it was legal, I realized it really wasn't all that fun. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/18/12 at 12:00 pm

Turning 21.  Got real drunk on my birthday, it fell on a Friday.  Then, once it was legal, I realized it really wasn't all that fun. ;D
But which day did you wake up?

Written By: koolio87 on 02/18/12 at 12:31 pm

Yeah, he was my favorite Top 40 host! Rick Dees (spelling?) was okay too.
[/quote
i remeber the radio jingle  ' rick dees and the weekly top 40ssss yea ' lol

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/18/12 at 1:56 pm

How was it compared to now?  ???

Well, we had Internet explorer 1.0. And I remember students had to share a computer because there were only so many, lol.

Written By: Howard on 02/18/12 at 7:34 pm

Maybe you shouldn't have had so much to drink.

Written By: Howard on 02/18/12 at 7:35 pm

I attended my very first vocational program in the Fall of 1992.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/18/12 at 10:17 pm

But which day did you wake up?

I woke up Saturday with no ill effects.  Probably because it was just beer, no hard alcohol involved.

Maybe you shouldn't have had so much to drink.

Why?  I didn't black out or get sick from it.  Just got drunk.  I just meant it wasn't as fun after 21 because it is legal now.  I wouldn't get busted by my parents. ;D

Written By: yelimsexa on 02/22/12 at 8:44 am

Here's a pic of the exact VTECH "computer" I had oh man this thing takes me back ROFL.  ;D

http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img/1110009600/_i/5922278/1.jpg

I was only 7 at the time, so it was mostly kid things, though I was starting to understand a bit of the older culture a bit (I remember the Gulf War from '91), and did really follow the 1992 election, knowing what "too close to call" meant. But the channel I watched the most that year was Nickelodeon, in the peak of its creative phase. I had the 2000 version that came out a year later. But I was enjoying playing Sega and Super Nintendo at a neighbors house until I got it that Christmas. I was still into Ninja Turtles at the time (and currently in a renaissance phase with that franchise). I still had no clue that the Internet was in the future, lurking in the cultural underground.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/22/12 at 11:35 am

I was only 7 at the time, so it was mostly kid things, though I was starting to understand a bit of the older culture a bit (I remember the Gulf War from '91), and did really follow the 1992 election, knowing what "too close to call" meant. But the channel I watched the most that year was Nickelodeon, in the peak of its creative phase. I had the 2000 version that came out a year later. But I was enjoying playing Sega and Super Nintendo at a neighbors house until I got it that Christmas. I was still into Ninja Turtles at the time (and currently in a renaissance phase with that franchise). I still had no clue that the Internet was in the future, lurking in the cultural underground.

I remember the '92 election, I wouldn't say I "followed" it at age 5  ;D, but I remember my parents took me with them when they voted which was actually at my old preschool which I had just graduated from. I remember my dad used to joke about how dumb Quayle was. I just barely remember George H.W. Bush being president, I'm probably the absolute youngest that can.

Written By: Tonewah on 02/22/12 at 1:41 pm

Well, I graduated HS, started college, voted for the 1st time, and got a scholarship to play in the college jazz band in 1992.  Also, that Prodigy internet signon screen reminds me of the fact that we sold Prodigy internet service at Sears when I worked there in high school.

c/o '92!

Written By: nally on 02/23/12 at 9:46 am

I remember the '92 election, I wouldn't say I "followed" it at age 5  ;D, but I remember my parents took me with them when they voted which was actually at my old preschool which I had just graduated from.

Interesting... yeah, sometimes polling places are held at schools. I know when I first moved out to where I am now, our polling place was at a nearby school. It went from there to a community center.

I remember my dad used to joke about how dumb Quayle was. I just barely remember George H.W. Bush being president, I'm probably the absolute youngest that can.

Yeah I've heard a lot of people joking about 'em...

Written By: robby76 on 02/24/12 at 12:07 am

The first half of 1992 I spent finishing high school and the latter part was starting college. Pretty good year if I remember. Music was still quite poppy with a lot of dance stuff coming in. I was 16.

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/27/12 at 10:56 am

1992 was a good year for me. I was 13 at the time, and the songs that came out that year (including some posted on this thread) really bring back good memories from that time. I especially remember spending my summer in Japan, and how happy I was over there and wishing I could live there (which I finally did 2008-2011).

I remember the '92 election, I wouldn't say I "followed" it at age 5  ;D, but I remember my parents took me with them when they voted which was actually at my old preschool which I had just graduated from. I remember my dad used to joke about how dumb Quayle was. I just barely remember George H.W. Bush being president, I'm probably the absolute youngest that can.

That's another good thing I remember about '92, one of the best presidents in my lifetime (imo) getting elected. I also remember about how Quayle didn't know the correct spelling of "tomato" during a spelling bee.

Written By: Ashes Of The Wake on 02/28/12 at 8:52 pm

not being born for another 3 years :p

Written By: Howard on 02/29/12 at 3:12 pm

I was watching WWF Wrestling at the time 10 years before they changed WWF to WWE.

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/29/12 at 5:30 pm

I was 12, listening to ProFm, Kix 106 and watching Vh1! Some other songs that I remember the Djs playing on the radio in 1992:

Make it happen - Mariah Carey
Breaking my heart(pretty brown eyes) - Mint Condition
She's playing hard to get - Hi Five
I'd die without you - PM Dawn
W got a love thing - Cece Peniston
Would I lie to you - Charles and Eddie
I love your smile - Shanice
Remember the time - Michael Jackson
The best things in life are free - Janet Jackson & Luther Vandross
All I want - Toad the Wet Sprocket
Diamonds and Pearls - Prince and the N.P.G
Blowing kisses in the wind - Paula Abdul
Real Love - Mary J. Blige
Send me an angel - Scorpions

Written By: 80sfan on 03/01/12 at 10:26 am

I was watching WWF Wrestling at the time 10 years before they changed WWF to WWE.

Yeah, I remember WWF in the 90s!

Written By: Howard on 03/01/12 at 7:10 pm

Yeah, I remember WWF in the 90s!

Oh you do huh? Remember The cartoon era from 1990-1995?

Written By: nally on 03/01/12 at 10:34 pm

Oh you do huh? Remember The cartoon era from 1990-1995?

Some of the best cartoons were on TV during those years.

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 03/02/12 at 7:42 am

being non existant is what i'm doing in 1992 :p

Written By: moonlitestar88 on 03/02/12 at 11:26 pm

Let's see, I was about 3-4 in '92. I was watching Tom & Jerry, Whatever was on Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, etc. I was also completely obsessed with Kitty Surprise, Sonic the Hedgehog, and the Sega Genesis in general. That's pretty much it. xD Oh and I recall playing some of the old Humongous Entertainment PC games.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/06/12 at 11:03 pm

I was in grade 11 and it was a crazy year for me.  I was 16 years old.  :D

Written By: Inertia on 03/23/12 at 9:25 am

I was 3 in 1992 years old. At this age, I was in preschool and I remember this disgusting ginger kid in class who needed to seriously blow his nose. I also had trouble hearing this year and spent a lot of time at the doctor. Luckily, those issues were resolved.

Written By: bigdsketch on 05/21/12 at 2:30 am

I was a new born in 1992. June 25....i'm almost 20 now. Wow.... :o

Written By: Howard on 05/21/12 at 6:31 am

I was a new born in 1992. June 25....i'm almost 20 now. Wow.... :o

I graduated High School on June 25th,1992.

Written By: nally on 05/21/12 at 10:38 am

I graduated High School on June 25th,1992.

I graduated from elementary school (6th grade) on that day...yet the school year did not end until the 30th. Silly year-round schedule that was in effect for the L.A. Unified school district. ::)

Written By: C83 on 06/07/12 at 5:41 pm

On New Years Day 1992, I sat up in my bunk bed (I had the top bunk) and woke up the house by yelling, "It's 1992!!!!!"

I was 9. lol

Written By: kingofpain on 06/14/12 at 11:25 am

Watching Sesame Street and Barney.

Lame, I know.

Written By: Jason R on 06/21/12 at 10:24 pm

I was working as a lifeguard at a water park int he summer.  I tried to take my job seriously but the whole summer was just one big party for me.  I was a nice kid but I just liked partying and goofing off.  I started my senior year in high school in 92, I made the high school hockey team.  I graduated in 93.

Written By: Jquar on 06/22/12 at 3:56 am

Was born on March 25 that year. It'd be cool if I could remember it as it was just about the very end of the pre internet era (even though the web existed no one was really using it).

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/22/12 at 5:17 am

I was in kindergarten in 1992. I turned 6 that December.

Written By: warped on 06/22/12 at 6:28 am

This was the year I was abducted by aliens. They all looked like Woody Allen. Lots of dark green reptiles aboard the ship. They told me the Cubs will win the Worlds Series of Baseball in the year 2753...just in case some of ya wanna place some bets in Vegas.

Or maybe it was a dream and I was really working in 1992 to support my family.
Aliens...please come back for me soon.

Written By: Shiv on 06/24/12 at 2:24 am

According to camcorder videos, playing with sesame street toys in my crib  :)

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 07/09/12 at 10:26 pm

I was 1 years old! LOL Watching Nickelodeon and Barney.

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 07/20/12 at 12:57 am

I was waiting my existence.

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/20/12 at 6:27 pm

I was 12 and had started the 7th grade in September of '92 :)

Written By: nally on 07/21/12 at 4:21 pm

I was 12 and had started the 7th grade in September of '92 :)

I started the 7th grade a month earlier, due to the year-round schedule that was in effect for the Los Angeles Unified School District. That year, I had the shortest summer break, at 1 1/2 months long (since the 1991-92 school year ended on the last day of June). So I got kind of a raw deal there. Thankfully, the year-round schedule was cancelled after the 1992-93 year, so we could once again start in September.

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 07/23/12 at 3:21 pm

I was waiting my existence.

How old are you?

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 07/23/12 at 7:48 pm

How old are you?

I'm 17  :P

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 07/23/12 at 9:49 pm

I'm 17  :P

Aww you were still an egg in '92. LOL. Damn, you're gonna graduate next year, huh.

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 07/23/12 at 10:21 pm

Aww you were still an egg in '92. LOL. Damn, you're gonna graduate next year, huh.

Yeah very excited.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 07/24/12 at 3:12 am

An egg? Actually nothing ;)
Not conceived before 1994, I guess!

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 07/24/12 at 3:26 am

An egg? Actually nothing ;)
Not conceived before 1994, I guess!

LOL  ;D

Written By: Inertia on 07/27/12 at 6:35 am

The preschool bus ran over my dog Bo Bo either this year or in 1993. -.- He was fighting with another dog in the middle of the driveway and she just kept going. She killed him right in front of me.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/12 at 6:40 am

The preschool bus ran over my dog Bo Bo either this year or in 1993. -.- He was fighting with another dog in the middle of the driveway and she just kept going. She killed him right in front of me.

I'm sorry. (((hugs)))  :\'(

Written By: Inertia on 07/27/12 at 8:17 am

I'm sorry. (((hugs)))  :\'(

Thanks. I was so upset that day. My mom told the bus driver off but the damage was already done.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/02/12 at 8:24 pm

Thanks. I was so upset that day. My mom told the bus driver off but the damage was already done.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: NostalgicWanderer92 on 09/15/12 at 11:24 pm

I was being conceived and born in 92. It seems like time passes us by so fast. Now I'm in college.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 09/16/12 at 3:14 am

I was in the hospital for surgery. I remember how 'old school' the devices were they have showed me in the surgery room.

Written By: warped on 09/16/12 at 7:34 am

I had a wonderful boss at work in 1992. Good times. My wife and I got a new appartment that year. My sister got married in May.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 09/20/12 at 11:07 pm

In 1992 I was in elementary school.  Every chance we had my sister and I would watch Nickelodeon  :)

Written By: Brian06 on 09/21/12 at 6:41 am

In 1992 I was in elementary school.  Every chance we had my sister and I would watch Nickelodeon  :)

Yeah me too!

Written By: Howard on 09/21/12 at 7:03 am

I watched Nickelodeon almost all the time.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/12 at 7:04 am

20 years ago next week, getting ready to graduate High School.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 09/21/12 at 10:24 am

Damn, you're old  :o
I was not even in school yet (only pre-school).

Written By: Howard on 09/21/12 at 3:08 pm

Damn, you're old  :o
I was not even in school yet (only pre-school).

I'm gonna be 40 in 2 years so you can probably guess how old I am.

Written By: nally on 09/21/12 at 3:15 pm

You graduated high school in September?? I thought you did so in June?? Am I missing something here?

Written By: Howard on 09/21/12 at 4:02 pm

You graduated high school in September?? I thought you did so in June?? Am I missing something here?

I graduated in June 1992 and attended a vocational program September 1992.

Written By: nally on 09/21/12 at 4:04 pm

I graduated in June 1992 and attended a vocational program September 1992.

Ah, I see.

So you didn't go on to college?

Written By: warped on 09/21/12 at 4:29 pm

When I graduated high school, you were 6 years old.  :o

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 09/21/12 at 5:20 pm

And when Howard graduated, I was 6 years old  ;D

Written By: Tashlovglit on 09/21/12 at 6:18 pm

I can't believe I'm going to be out of school 10 years next spring  :o

Written By: Howard on 09/22/12 at 3:29 pm

Ah, I see.

So you didn't go on to college?

Nope, I was in Special Ed half my school years and my Mother didn't think I could make it to college so I wound up in vocational programs for close to 15 years. And that includes job coaching and therapy.

Written By: Howard on 09/22/12 at 3:30 pm

No I was 18.

Written By: warped on 09/22/12 at 3:32 pm

No I was 18.

Did you read what I wrote?
I said: When I graduated high school, you were 6 years old.  ;)

Written By: warped on 09/22/12 at 3:34 pm

And when Howard graduated, I was 6 years old  ;D

Maybe there's someone here that graduated high school when I was 6 years old, so we can almost complete these six degrees of separation  ;D

Written By: nally on 09/22/12 at 4:30 pm

Maybe there's someone here that graduated high school when I was 6 years old, so we can almost complete these six degrees of separation  ;D

My mom graduated high school in June of 1969. (You were 6 at that time?)

Written By: Howard on 09/22/12 at 4:40 pm

But you were in Kindergarden.

Written By: warped on 09/22/12 at 6:07 pm

My mom graduated high school in June of 1969. (You were 6 at that time?)

That's right!

But you were in Kindergarden.

Grade 1.

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 09/23/12 at 5:11 am

That's right! Grade 1.

My mom turned 52 last month. She graduated high school back in 1978. Her sister (my Aunt) graduated high school 20 years ago. yes my aunt was still in high school when I was born.

Written By: nally on 10/04/12 at 11:48 am

Nope, I was in Special Ed half my school years and my Mother didn't think I could make it to college so I wound up in vocational programs for close to 15 years. And that includes job coaching and therapy.

That's too bad. :-\\ Sorry to hear that.

Written By: Howard on 10/04/12 at 3:27 pm

That's too bad. :-\\ Sorry to hear that.

Nah, that's ok I had my share of emotional problems in High School.

Written By: nally on 10/05/12 at 10:57 am

Nah, that's ok I had my share of emotional problems in High School.

As did I (and some other not-so-nice problems), in middle (junior-high) school as well.

Check for new replies or respond here...