inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Let's talk....Northern Exposure...!

Written By: Moose_appreciation on 05/23/12 at 10:29 pm

Hey 90's appreciators.

so, Northern Exposure...the most fantastically quirky, witty, insightful, unique tv production to have graced the Milky Way with its presence, ya?

Am a long time devoted Northern Exposure groupie, and I felt it fitting, and terribly fun, to create the following for fans everywhere, and keep it alive. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhsyEXQB-iY

Hope you enjoyed. Feel free to comment or talk about some of your most nostalgic episodes! what were your favorite Northern Exposure moments? Who's your favorite charater? etc... 

Subject: Re: Let's talk....Northern Exposure...!

Written By: Davester on 05/26/12 at 12:32 am

Hey 90's appreciators.

so, Northern Exposure...the most fantastically quirky, witty, insightful, unique tv production to have graced the Milky Way with its presence, ya?

Am a long time devoted Northern Exposure groupie, and I felt it fitting, and terribly fun, to create the following for fans everywhere, and keep it alive. 

Hope you enjoyed. Feel free to comment or talk about some of your most nostalgic episodes! what were your favorite Northern Exposure moments? Who's your favorite charater? etc...

Bravo!  Love NoEx and I'm jealous of that Rob Morrow standee... ;)

I'll list some of my fave moments in no particular order...

- "Soupy's dead, but he left us a bottle of wine..."
      "Really?  Red or white..?"

- To Enya's Caribbean Blue
    "You were a great, big bear...you were wild and free..."
    "So long, Jessee..."
      Mondo tear jerk...

- "You're telling me Napoleon Bonaparte actually visited Cicely Alaska..?"

- "The ancients knew that we all share a common fate. They gathered around their hearths, their sacred fires, not just to remember those who had gone before but to comfort each other in the face of their own inevitable journey. Mister Einstein put it like this:

""Strange is our situation here upon Earth. However, there is one thing that we do know, that man is here for the sake of other men, above all for those upon whose smile and well-being our own happiness depends, and also for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy.""

"Good night, Cicely..."

Chris Stevens - Lost and Found

- "Don't say anything. Don't even make a sound...
      My head is made of glass. My eyelashes hurt...
      There's a felt carpet on my tongue.  I'm gonna go get something hot, put it in my stomach, and I'll be right back..."
      Joel Fleischman

+ a truckload more...

Written By: Moose_appreciation on 05/29/12 at 10:31 pm

Hey Dave!  thanks for the thumbs-up, and great moments you cited!

so meanwhile Rob Morrow (Dr. Fleischman) Janine Turner (Maggie), and Darren Burrows (Ed)  have thumbs-upped it too via Twitter/Facebook, which was a thrill for this NX fan...  :)  :)

Hope you guys enjoy it....and let's keep waxing nostalgic for this fabulous show... Who was your favorite character?

Written By: whistledog on 05/31/12 at 11:11 pm

I loved the sleeping bag packaging for the first 2 seasons on DVD.  Northern Exposure was a fantastic show.

Starring John Corbett, before he did 'Sex and the City '.  <-- You'd be surprised how many people did not know that

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/31/12 at 11:59 pm

John Corbett grew up (and still owns a farm) near where I grew up.  His uncle came into where I used to work and was bragging him up.  :)

Loved Northern Exposure.  My favorite characters (although I loved them all) were Marilyn (the nurse) (I really could relate to her for some reason), Ruth-Anne (the general store owner), and of course, I adored how philosophical Chris Stevens was.

I really thought it would be cool to live in a town like Sicily.

I could relate to Maggie's troubles with men.  Although my situations weren't quite as dire as hers.  ;D

I remember the piano/dead boyfriend catapault?

Ed was always making the Great American Movie.

Maurice and his dinner parties.

Dave the cook at Holling's bar.

Adam and Eve, although a little goes a long way with me for them.  lol

Check for new replies or respond here...