inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: trying to find the name to a music video tv program from the early 90s...

Written By: menudotron on 05/26/12 at 1:05 am

im trying  to find out about some music video television program in the early 90s that aired on cable tv. have no clue what it is. it doesnt have anything to do with mtv thats for sure (at least i think so). they exposed new alternative music at the time. i remember videos being shown and new albums/cds being reviewed. i remember some pretty black/african american/bronzeish skin (i believe) VJ with big curly hair was on...  a VJ maybe.
saw tons of videos of mainstream alternative acts such as soul asylum, stone temple pilots, alice in chains etc.

i also seem to recall it being on a station where they didn't cater to music at all, like a regular cable station, TNT, or something. This was probably the only music related program that station they carried. i guess they were trying to capitalize/cash in on the whole 90s alternative/grunge trend.

i also recall that my area or cable didnt carry MTV so this was one of my sources for vids and new music.

i remember viewing this progam in 94, 95,96

anyone know?

cant find this info anywhere. i have scoured the interent and this is my last resort. thanks.

Subject: Re: trying to find the name to a music video tv program from the early 90s...

Written By: Claybricks on 05/26/12 at 8:18 am

It would help to know the city and state you live in.

There's a good chance other people from your town have talked about it on the net.

Dan

Subject: Re: trying to find the name to a music video tv program from the early 90s...

Written By: menudotron on 05/26/12 at 12:08 pm

good idea.

city: bishop/near corpus christi,
state: Texas.

Written By: Claybricks on 05/26/12 at 11:01 pm

Written By: menudotron on 06/01/12 at 7:46 pm

wow that obscure huh?  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...