inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 'Unhappily Ever After' - the sitcom

Written By: singer on 08/01/12 at 9:52 am

Is it me or was that show a cross between 'ALF' and 'Married with Children'? I saw it recently and even the house look vaguely similar to the house on 'Married with Children'. And, of course, the rabbit doll seems like a cheaper version of ALF.

Subject: Re: 'Unhappily Ever After' - the sitcom

Written By: whistledog on 08/01/12 at 9:05 pm

You hit the nail right on the head with the ALF + Married reference.

I liked the show.  TV Guide once ranked it in their Top 50 of worst shows of all time, but it ran 100 episodes over 5 seasons.  Someone was watching it, and I was one of those someones.

Did I watch it for it's humour?  Yes
Did I watch because it was like Married ... With Children?  Yes

Did I watch it because of Nikki Cox? 

YES!

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 08/01/12 at 10:54 pm

I forgot all about that show, lol.

Written By: nally on 08/02/12 at 6:37 pm

I remember it was on the WB network from 1995-99 or thereabouts. I never watched a full episode of it but it did have its moments.

Is it me or was that show a cross between 'ALF' and 'Married with Children'? I saw it recently and even the house look vaguely similar to the house on 'Married with Children'.

I did read somewhere that it was created by the same people who created "Married w/ Children". So it does sorta make sense in that regard.

And, of course, the rabbit doll seems like a cheaper version of ALF.

Yeah, that puppet...whose name was Mr. Floppy. At first I wondered what kind of animal (if not an alien) he was supposed to be. And I also noticed he only talked in scenes in which Jack Molloy was the only human. If any other people were present, Floppy was just an inanimate object.

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 08/15/12 at 1:01 am

Floppy was a rabbit and yes only Jack could talk to him. It was like a Calvin and Hobbes thing. Look up the show on wikipedia; it's nothing like MWC. The writters had the plots all over the place. I watched it and it was almost hard to follow from one episode to the next. Speaking of WB's Friday primetime, remember Nick Freno: Liscensed Teacher?

Written By: Howard on 08/15/12 at 7:01 am

http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/138/118/589/unhappily-ever-after-all-5-seasons-tiffany-s-birthday-5f552.jpg

I remember Floppy.

Written By: nally on 08/15/12 at 11:20 am

Floppy was a rabbit and yes only Jack could talk to him. It was like a Calvin and Hobbes thing.

Very much so.

http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/138/118/589/unhappily-ever-after-all-5-seasons-tiffany-s-birthday-5f552.jpg

I remember Floppy.
And he was voiced off-camera by comedic actor Bobcat Goldthwait.

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 08/18/12 at 10:09 pm

I haven't seen that show since the 90s. I thought the rabbit was cool as hell. LOL!

They used Ray Charles song as their theme song.

Check for new replies or respond here...