inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Women's dresses with colorful floral designs

Written By: Ryan112390 on 08/08/12 at 6:41 pm

Was this a really big trend in the '90s? If so, around what part of the 90s--Early ('90-'93), Mid ('94-96) or Late ('97-99)?
http://lareaders.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/kelliemartin.jpg
In a home movie from May '95, my mother is wearing a pretty white dress with flowery design everywhere except the arms and the neck, which were white. My dad referred to it as "the teenage look." My parents were both then 41 years old. Another, younger guy in my family joked that she "looked 13 again" because of the dress.

Subject: Re: Women's dresses with colorful floral designs

Written By: amjikloviet on 08/08/12 at 9:29 pm

Yes, floral prints were a trend in the early to mid '90s. The pic you posted of Kelly Martin is probably from 1991-1992. I had various dresses back then with small floral prints on them. Then in the late '90s it just wasn't cute anymore, and floral prints started to look horrible lol.

Subject: Re: Women's dresses with colorful floral designs

Written By: mylilypad on 08/09/12 at 8:29 pm

Was this a really big trend in the '90s? If so, around what part of the 90s--Early ('90-'93), Mid ('94-96) or Late ('97-99)?
http://lareaders.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/kelliemartin.jpg
In a home movie from May '95, my mother is wearing a pretty white dress with flowery design everywhere except the arms and the neck, which were white. My dad referred to it as "the teenage look." My parents were both then 41 years old. Another, younger guy in my family joked that she "looked 13 again" because of the dress.

yes, it was... :( :)

lol, i'm still on the fence on how i feel about it.

it hits its peak in the mid-90s. i don't remember much of it in the late 90s though so that might have been the time of its decline.

i can't believe there was a time when wearing a floral hat with a floral dress was trendy and popular.

Check for new replies or respond here...