inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Aeon Flux

Written By: Wiz83 on 09/26/12 at 7:04 pm

Did anyone watch this show?  It was an animated series that aired on MTV, first on Liquid Television in 1991 as a short and then as a half-hour series in the mid-'90s.  It was created by a Korean-American animator and had very much the style of a Japanese anime.  I remember watching it when I was in middle school but didn't fully understand it at the time.  I recently watched the DVD and found the animation to be very cool and innovative for the time and the stories very complex yet interesting.  It is one of those shows that you need to be paying attention or you won't know what the hell is going on.

Here's the opening intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UQyPXbjL-A

Subject: Re: Aeon Flux

Written By: whistledog on 09/26/12 at 7:44 pm

Did you see the movie Æon Flux starring Charlize Theron?  Put the cartoon to shame.  Some cartoons need to be left as they were

Written By: Wiz83 on 09/26/12 at 8:00 pm

I didn't even bother seeing it.  Reminds me of Spawn, another great animated series that made a horrible live-action movie.  If you're going to adapt a cartoon series to the big screen, either do it right or don't do it at all >:(

Written By: Inertia on 09/26/12 at 9:19 pm

I've seen the movie before. I didn't like it.

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 09/27/12 at 5:02 am

I never really got to watch the aeon flux anime. I think sci-fi had picked it up briefly i the early 00s.

Check for new replies or respond here...