inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What if there was a new "Dazed and Confused" set in the 90s

Written By: big babe on 10/19/12 at 11:47 pm

I think it would be really interesting if sometime in the next few years a movie is made that looks back to the summer of 1996, just like Dazed and Confused took a look back at 1976.

I think it could work. Teen culture was significantly different back then. There could be an emphasis in the movie on things like kids passing notes in class, girls calling each other on home phones, and pagers, and dial-up internet. Everybody would have to use film cameras and take really bad photos. They could cruise around in ugly 90's cars wearing backwards baseball hats and flannel with baggy clothes blasting classic gangsta rap, maybe even some pop punk or alternative rock. Everybody would wear really big glasses too, and have 90's hairstyles.

Subject: Re: What if there was a new "Dazed and Confused" set in the 90s

Written By: joeman on 10/20/12 at 10:29 am

I think it would be really interesting if sometime in the next few years a movie is made that looks back to the summer of 1996, just like Dazed and Confused took a look back at 1976.

I think it could work. Teen culture was significantly different back then. There could be an emphasis in the movie on things like kids passing notes in class, girls calling each other on home phones, and pagers, and dial-up internet. Everybody would have to use film cameras and take really bad photos. They could cruise around in ugly 90's cars wearing backwards baseball hats and flannel with baggy clothes blasting classic gangsta rap, maybe even some pop punk or alternative rock. Everybody would wear really big glasses too, and have 90's hairstyles.

Or.,,better yet...a movie set in 2006?  It could be a classroom full of people with pre-android phones, Myspace, and people wearing Emo clothes and such.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/20/12 at 11:27 am

You could just watch "Clueless" and pretend its a new movie, but yeah, that might be a good idea.

Written By: belmont22 on 10/23/12 at 2:49 pm

I think the problem with nostalgia from the 1990's is that everyone was kinda into their own thing after the 80's culture died out in 91/92, from that point on there were subcultures but not a main culture. That's why 90's nostalgia is so focused on things like Nickelodeon and other children's programming it was kind of the only common denominator. The 00's and 10's are even worse.

Written By: DoDa on 10/23/12 at 5:07 pm

I think the problem with nostalgia from the 1990's is that everyone was kinda into their own thing after the 80's culture died out in 91/92, from that point on there were subcultures but not a main culture. That's why 90's nostalgia is so focused on things like Nickelodeon and other children's programming it was kind of the only common denominator. The 00's and 10's are even worse.

How will you know? Your were just f**** 1 year old.

Written By: joeman on 10/23/12 at 9:33 pm

\

You didn't have to delete your account.

Written By: belmont22 on 10/24/12 at 8:03 pm

\

You didn't have to delete your account.

I felt like I was being asked to, but maybe I'll make a new one.

Check for new replies or respond here...