inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pump Up The Volume(film)

Written By: joeman on 10/24/12 at 8:09 pm

I just saw the movie the other day and thought was a great teen drama film.  I thought it was a little funny that Christian Slater's radio voice sounds almost identical to Jack Nicholson.  I think one of the dramatic parts of the film is when the kid called up his radio station saying he is going to kill himself and the next day it was announced in class that he did.

What are your thoughts of the film?

I did like "Everybody Knows" song from the Soundtrack.

Subject: Re: Pump Up The Volume(film)

Written By: belmont22 on 10/24/12 at 8:28 pm

I haven't seen it yet but I have a friend who talks exactly like Christian Slater.  ;D

Does the movie have a similar feeling to Heathers? I really liked that, it's very dark though, especially for an 80s movie.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/25/12 at 10:20 pm

I haven't seen it yet but I have a friend who talks exactly like Christian Slater.  ;D

Does the movie have a similar feeling to Heathers? I really liked that, it's very dark though, especially for an 80s movie.

Yeah, I'll buy that.  While Heathers was a black comedy, and Pump up the Volume was more of a drama with occasional touches of hilarity, they both captured the whole existential-angst theme of high school, and spiced them up with delicious dollops of disillusionment.  Social satire doesn't work without darkness and edginess, and both of these movies had that in spades.

Written By: whistledog on 10/26/12 at 4:58 pm

I liked Pump Up the Volume.  That movie was part 1 of the Christian Slater / Samantha Mathis trilogy lol

Check for new replies or respond here...