inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: All That ... overrated?

Written By: belmont22 on 10/27/12 at 10:26 am

Does anyone else think All That wasn't really very good? I was watching it a little while ago with my younger siblings, because they were replaying it on their 90's nostalgia block. I couldn't get past how stupid it was, the jokes and everything. It reminds me of modern Disney and Nick shows like Suite Life, Fred, and Hannah Montana in its style. It's like so slapstick and silly, I was really disappointed in how bad it was.

Come to think of it, even back then it was never one of my favorites.

Subject: Re: All That ... overrated?

Written By: whistledog on 10/27/12 at 10:33 am

All that decadeology is certainly overrated

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 10/27/12 at 4:24 pm

I cant remember ever laughing at the show. I did watch it.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 10/27/12 at 6:15 pm

Well, it is a show for children, so you couldn't really expect to find it funny at age 22. But to an 8 year old it was probably hilarious!

In my old apartment I had more channels, one of which was TeenNick. Me and my roommates watched an episode of Keenan and Kel and we still thought it was funny ;D

Written By: belmont22 on 10/27/12 at 6:15 pm

Well, it is a show for children, so you couldn't really expect to find it funny at age 22. But to an 8 year old it was probably hilarious!

In my old apartment I had more channels, one of which was TeenNick. Me and my roommates watched an episode of Keenan and Kel and we still thought it was funny ;D

That's because Kenan and Kel was good in the first place.  8) Even as a kid I don't think I ever found All That very funny.

Written By: Forest on 10/27/12 at 6:33 pm

All that decadeology is certainly overrated

People's false understanding of what "decadeology" literally means (according to the "what it is and why it is banned" post on this website) is certainly overrated.

Written By: Forest on 10/27/12 at 6:34 pm

That's because Kenan and Kel was good in the first place.  8) Even as a kid I don't think I ever found All That very funny.

Who loves orange soda?

Written By: belmont22 on 10/27/12 at 6:34 pm

Who loves orange soda?

Me.

Written By: Howard on 10/27/12 at 7:18 pm

I remember watching the film Good Burger with Keenan and Kel, thought the film was so stupid I returned the tape after watching it for a few minutes.

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 10/27/12 at 10:50 pm

Me.

is it true?

Written By: Starde on 10/29/12 at 6:51 pm

I LOVED All That back then! It was Saturday Night Live for kids. I thought it was great until 2000/2001 when they changed most of the cast. I remember wanting to be on that show so badly when I was younger.

Written By: Venomous Mask on 11/02/12 at 10:13 pm

It was up and down, but on the whole, it was pretty good.  I loved the letters segment with Amanda.

Written By: Inertia on 11/03/12 at 7:39 am

I enjoyed All That in my youth.  :P

Some skits were better than others.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 11/03/12 at 4:47 pm

I enjoyed it as a kid.  I was big Nickelodeon fan.  But when TeenNick brought it back I watched it but its so corny now  8-P  Other shows I've found clips of on YouTube are still fun.  Especially my favorite, Are You Afraid of the Dark  :)
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/3040/areyoufraternal_society.jpg

Written By: Starde on 11/06/12 at 2:57 am

It was up and down, but on the whole, it was pretty good.  I loved the letters segment with Amanda.

"Dear Ashley..."
Tttttthhhaaattt's me!

Written By: popguru85 on 11/12/12 at 12:08 pm

not really, it was basically a kid friendly version of SNL. I stopped watching around 1998 because I got into South Park, Mad TV, SNL and other things.

Check for new replies or respond here...