inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Super Mario Bros toys ERTL TV Commercial

Written By: billbot85 on 11/04/12 at 3:15 pm

I am new to the forums here, but I wanted to join since I absolutely love pop culture from the 1980's and 1990's.

I wanted to ask the members of the forum here about a certain toy commercial that aired back in 1993.  In 1993, the Super Mario Bros Movie came out, starring Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo.  To go along with the movie, the toy company ERTL produced a toyline of action figures and accessories.

I have found one of the commercials that features the toys from Super Mario Bros., and uploaded it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq2Cp1-zcc

However, there is another toy commercial featuring the Mario Bros action figures riding in the Crash Action Police Car toy.  I remember seeing this commercial when the movie came out.  The best part I remember about the commercial is the end where the police car toy scoops up the Koopa (Dennis Hopper) action figure, and throws him into the back of the car.  I am currently trying to track down this commercial, and so far have had no luck finding it.  Does anyone here remember seeing this commercial?  Or had anyone taped it off of TV?  Please let me know.  Thank you and looking forward to the discussions on the forums here!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...