inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When did the yellow credits in movies/TV shows stop?

Written By: belmont22 on 12/21/12 at 2:01 pm

You know how most old TV shows had the opening and closing credits in yellow, especially in the 70s and 80s? When did that stop? I know it definitely extended into the 90s to some degree. These days credits tend to mostly be in white or digitally animated and much more complex looking.

Subject: Re: When did the yellow credits in movies/TV shows stop?

Written By: amjikloviet on 12/21/12 at 6:25 pm

Hmm, I would say probably late in the '80s. I never really thought about it until I read this topic...

Written By: yelimsexa on 12/23/12 at 1:37 pm

Full House actually switched from White to Yellow for its later seasons, and Family Matters used it throughout its run. It seems like many of those cheesy family sitcoms used it. Days of Our Lives still uses it when you watch it online, and of course The Simpsons still uses them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/23/12 at 5:09 pm

When colour television became more popular?

Written By: thenewtattoo on 12/26/12 at 4:57 pm

Full House actually switched from White to Yellow for its later seasons, and Family Matters used it throughout its run. It seems like many of those cheesy family sitcoms used it. Days of Our Lives still uses it when you watch it online, and of course The Simpsons still uses them.

I will have 2 say  1993  , it seems alot of television studios were using the same software for credits.

Check for new replies or respond here...