inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TABLETOP GAME SEARCH, PLEASE HELP

Written By: PixelatedHotsauce on 01/10/13 at 6:23 pm

ok for the longest time since i've seen this game i've wanted it, i have no idea who made it, what the name of it is but if i can have just the name of it i'm sure i will reach some level of satisfaction

it's a tabletop rod hockey game that's themed with street hockey

instead of a rink the players played on a blacktop parking lot, surrounded with a short brick wall and chain link fence

instead of goals they used an oil drum and i believe a garbage can

the 2 two teams that played didn't have matching jerseys but all looked very distinct from each other but had appropriate pads and sticks and whatnot

instead of a flat puck the game had a metal ball bearing that you dropped in a water drain pipe behind the score display and it came out of the bottom and into the playing area

i would really like to have any info that anyone has about it because i'd really like to find it and purchase it as it was an insane amount of fun. it had sound effects that came out of it and an electric scoreboard and every once in a while the players talked trash

any information or just discussion about it if you know what i'm talking about would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Subject: Re: TABLETOP GAME SEARCH, PLEASE HELP

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/12/13 at 6:44 pm

ok for the longest time since i've seen this game i've wanted it, i have no idea who made it, what the name of it is but if i can have just the name of it i'm sure i will reach some level of satisfaction

it's a tabletop rod hockey game that's themed with street hockey

instead of a rink the players played on a blacktop parking lot, surrounded with a short brick wall and chain link fence

instead of goals they used an oil drum and i believe a garbage can

the 2 two teams that played didn't have matching jerseys but all looked very distinct from each other but had appropriate pads and sticks and whatnot

instead of a flat puck the game had a metal ball bearing that you dropped in a water drain pipe behind the score display and it came out of the bottom and into the playing area

i would really like to have any info that anyone has about it because i'd really like to find it and purchase it as it was an insane amount of fun. it had sound effects that came out of it and an electric scoreboard and every once in a while the players talked trash

any information or just discussion about it if you know what i'm talking about would be greatly appreciated, thank you

I don't remember this, but it sounds like a different set of artwork/plastic for a table hockey game.  If you can narrow down the years, we might be better able to help (the electronic trash-talking scoreboard should put it at some time in the mid-to-late 1980s).  Also, did it have a large plexiglass/plastic dome over the playfield or was the playfield open to interfering fingers?

If we can't help, there's a large and active community at Table Hockey Heaven who should be able to help.  (If you find out while you're there - there's a lot of information there, including images of sets from many manufacturers, categorized by manufacturer and date - please report back to us!)

Subject: Re: TABLETOP GAME SEARCH, PLEASE HELP

Written By: PixelatedHotsauce on 01/14/13 at 10:02 am

there wasn't a dome to go over the top, and it was definitely 90s. i wasn't born until 88 and this was around the time that N64 was mad popular. i was introduced to this around late 90s, and thanks for the link

Check for new replies or respond here...