inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Question About an Album Released in 1996

Written By: desertwind75 on 03/06/13 at 3:13 pm

Hi all!  For the past 10 years or so I have been trying to ID a tape I bought in 1996.  I can't remember the song they played on the radio, but it was one I really liked, so I bought the tape in October 1996.  I listened to it over and over in my car on a trip from Michigan to California.  The music was kind of a mix between rock, rap, and techno-ish stuff, if I remember right.  It was a solo artist, and the cover of the tape showed him in an up-close, shoulders-up shot.  He was bald and white.  My mind seems to tell me there was something red on the cover somewhere.  The only song title from it I remember was "Sin City."  I have tried all kinds of Google searches, from "Albums released in 1996," to "One hit wonders of 1996," to "Sin City song-1996, " and I get tons and tons of nothing.  It's driving me crazy because I'd love to hear this album again.  Thank you so much to anyone who might know anything!

Subject: Re: Question About an Album Released in 1996

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/06/13 at 5:38 pm

Bald, white 90's? Maybe Moby or Fatboy Slim?

Written By: desertwind75 on 03/06/13 at 5:59 pm

No, neither of them.  I know both of them very well.  This is some guy who apparently never released another album again and has apparently disappeared off the earth.

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/06/13 at 9:21 pm

You mean like Moby and Fatboy Slim  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/07/13 at 1:17 am

Or right said Fred....

No, neither of them.  I know both of them very well.  This is some guy who apparently never released another album again and has apparently disappeared off the earth.

You mean like Moby and Fatboy Slim  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Written By: desertwind75 on 03/07/13 at 1:52 am

Nope, not Right Said Fred, either.  This guy was nowhere near as well known as any of those guys.  I think he had one fleeting hit for a short time and that was it and I don't remember the name of it.  Otherwise, I'd be able to find his album on Google.  Sin City is the only song I can remember and it was not the one they played on the radio. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/07/13 at 10:36 am

Nope, not Right Said Fred, either.  This guy was nowhere near as well known as any of those guys.  I think he had one fleeting hit for a short time and that was it and I don't remember the name of it.  Otherwise, I'd be able to find his album on Google.  Sin City is the only song I can remember and it was not the one they played on the radio.

Didn't right said Fred only have one song?

Fred durst..... Isn't he a big, bald white guy?

Written By: whistledog on 03/07/13 at 10:52 am

Didn't right said Fred only have one song?

Fred durst..... Isn't he a big, bald white guy?

Right Said Fred had a bunch of hits, but I'm Too Sexy was their only one that saw the US Top 40

Written By: Howard on 03/07/13 at 1:08 pm

Right Said Fred had a bunch of hits, but I'm Too Sexy was their only one that saw the US Top 40

and that's the only hit that I know.

Written By: desertwind75 on 03/07/13 at 3:20 pm

No, not Fred Durst.  I know all about Limp Bizkit and it wasn't them. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/07/13 at 6:18 pm

No, not Fred Durst.  I know all about Limp Bizkit and it wasn't them.

What's limp biscuit?

Written By: desertwind75 on 03/08/13 at 2:05 am

What's limp biscuit?

The band Fred Durst is in, and yes, it's spelled Bizkit, not biscuit.  http://limpbizkit.com

Written By: snozberries on 03/08/13 at 10:09 am

The band Fred Durst is in, and yes, it's spelled Bizkit, not biscuit.  http://limpbizkit.com

Oh i thought he was with Lincoln park. Never heard his music. I just remember he was mentioned in an Eminem song and i said whats a Fred durst?  a week later I saw him on something and went oh that's a Fred durst.  ;D

True story

Written By: desertwind75 on 03/08/13 at 11:02 am

Oh i thought he was with Lincoln park. Never heard his music. I just remember he was mentioned in an Eminem song and i said whats a Fred durst?  a week later I saw him on something and went oh that's a Fred durst.  ;D

True story

Lol!  Yeah Limp Bizkit was big in the late 90's, early 2000's.  He'd trying to revive the band, but it's been a failure so far.  The last CD did so bad his record label kicked them off!

Check for new replies or respond here...