inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The OJ Simpson Trial (November 1994-October 1995)

Written By: Ryan112390 on 04/05/13 at 7:17 pm

Called the 'Trial of the Century', the murder trial of OJ Simpson, which lasted from November 1994 to October 1995, was a media sensation, followed and at times obsessively watched as it unfolded (on court TV and other channels) throughout 1995. The trial, and it's incredibly controversial verdict, was one of the cornerstone moments in the 1990s.

What do you remember of the Trial of the Century? Were you or anyone you know hooked on it? Did you feel OJ was guilty at the time, or did you feel he was innocent?

I can recall watching it on CourtTV with my mother. My father wasn't a fan of the trial and didn't appreciate the hoopla, but my mother was a follower.

Subject: Re: The OJ Simpson Trial (November 1994-October 1995)

Written By: warped on 04/05/13 at 7:24 pm

The OJ Simpson Trial (January-October 1995)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=44460.0

Yeah, I watched part of it, Yeah I think he was guilty. So far I haven't met anyone who didn't think he was guilty, yet.
OJ got away with it.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 04/05/13 at 7:25 pm

All I can remember from the trial was the tainted bloody glove.

Written By: snozberries on 04/05/13 at 11:31 pm

OJ was guilty as sin.... but for some reason people wanted to believe he wasn't  ::)

I will forever remember the reaction on the Oprah Winfrey Show when her studio audience watched the verdict read live.... the lines of division are quite clear.  Oprah herself has said she was flabbergasted and believed OJ was guilty....many in her audience did not share her sentiment.  I wish the clip were longer.  Somewhere I'm sure I have this on VHS but I wouldn't know where to begin to look for it.

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Audience-Members-React-to-the-OJ-Simpson-Verdict-Video

Written By: yelimsexa on 04/06/13 at 10:15 am

I remember a newspaper headline reading "100 percent not guilty" feeling that I wouldn't be mad if the verdict went to OJ and actually had a slight hunch that would be the result, even though there was lots of mystery which is why the trial took so long. It is compared to the Watergate scandal in terms of media coverage that caused lots of TV reprogramming. I remember the police chase scene like a racing video game and new something big was about to happen. The "case" of OJ still remains alive and well today and continues to show up every now and then that will continue until OJ passes on. It was indeed the trial of the Century, bigger than Scopes.

Written By: whistledog on 04/06/13 at 3:43 pm

He's in prison now for that Vegas Robbery.  If they couldn't get him for murder, they got him for robbery.  His booking in Nevada at the Clark County Detention Center appeared as one of the episodes of the reality series 'JAIL' which airs on Spike TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8W127m8DJc

Check for new replies or respond here...