inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Animaniacs 1993-1998

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/01/13 at 12:27 am

:) This show made me laugh so much.  :)

Clown and Out

s3Qy4K5zYKk

I love the way Dot and Yako are hiding in the cupboards. :)

Also the way Wako beats up the clown and how Mr Plotz seems to get a cheap thrill out of seeing the way Wako beats up the clown.  ;D

Subject: Re: Animaniacs 1993-1998

Written By: nally on 05/01/13 at 12:34 am

It was quite a funny show... had some great humor/punchlines. :D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/01/13 at 1:09 am

CG9-SCVc-E0

All of the Innuendos and adult themes.  :)

Written By: warped on 05/01/13 at 6:25 am

During the decade of the 1990s I checked out some cartoons. I think Animaniacs was the only funny one I saw, or the funniest one I saw. Quite creative. I liked it.

Written By: Inertia on 05/01/13 at 7:11 am

Animaniacs was one of my favorite cartoons. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/01/13 at 7:38 am

I watched Animaniacs in the mid 90's, pretty funny show.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/01/13 at 8:27 pm

It was one of my favorite shows.  NickToons still plays it.

Written By: nally on 05/01/13 at 8:47 pm

Actually, I think it can be seen on the Hub channel now.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/01/13 at 10:07 pm

Whichever one it is I'm glad it's still on  :)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/06/13 at 2:47 pm

I used to watch this show with my friends everyday after school when it aired on the Fox Kids afternoon block during the mid 90's. Brings back alot of fun memories. :)

Written By: nally on 10/10/18 at 12:09 pm

Sadly, the reruns are no longer being carried by any channel now... but I can see some clips of it on Youtube (albeit not full episodes).

During the decade of the 1990s I checked out some cartoons. I think Animaniacs was the only funny one I saw, or the funniest one I saw. Quite creative. I liked it.

I think so too, re: creativity. O0

Written By: mqg96 on 10/10/18 at 6:05 pm

Sadly, the reruns are no longer being carried by any channel now... but I can see some clips of it on Youtube (albeit not full episodes).

I think so too, re: creativity. O0

Animaniacs was on Netflix last year, but now it's been on Hulu since the start of 2018 along with the other classic WB shows of the 90's.

Written By: nally on 10/10/18 at 6:27 pm

Animaniacs was on Netflix last year, but now it's been on Hulu since the start of 2018 along with the other classic WB shows of the 90's.

Well, that figures... I don't subscribe to either of 'em. :-\\

Written By: annimal on 10/10/18 at 6:46 pm

It's time for Freekazoid and friends
the show that no one comprehends

Written By: annimal on 10/10/18 at 7:36 pm

now it's over

Written By: mqg96 on 10/10/18 at 9:27 pm

Well, that figures... I don't subscribe to either of 'em. :-\\

I'd rather subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, or other streaming services than have digital cable nowadays. That's how you'll get reruns of your favorite shows plus exclusive new series you can't find on TV. It's worth it. TV is only useful for live news and sports now, and you don't necessarily need cable for that.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/11/18 at 12:47 am

She's Katie Kaboom
Katie Kaboom
lives in a house with a garden  in bloom

Her family knows that anytime soon
their little lady Katie goes KABOOM!

a4kTFt7aIOo

Written By: nally on 10/11/18 at 5:56 pm

She's Katie Kaboom
Katie Kaboom
lives in a house with a garden  in bloom

Her family knows that anytime soon
their little lady Katie goes KABOOM!

That character kinda scared me a little bit. In each of her appearances, she would get into a disagreement with her parents and ultimately morph into a hideous monster. Her first appearance was in a vignette with Chicken Boo (the tall anthropomorphic chicken who would always try to fit in with people, even disguising himself as a person; his cover is always blown at the end).

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/11/18 at 10:57 pm

It's a complete list of Good Idea Bad Idea.

2dJOIf4mdus

1.  Good Idea: Playing the piccolo in a marching band.  Bad Idea: Playing the piano in a marching band
2.  Good Idea: Feeding stray kittens in the park.  Bad Idea: Feeding stray kittens in the park to a bear.
3.  Good Idea: Stopping to smell the roses.  Bad Idea: Stopping to feel the roses.
4.  Good Idea: Taking a deep breath before jumping into a swimming pool.  Bad Idea: Taking a deep breath after jumping into a swimming pool.
5.  Good Idea: Going alpine skiing in the winter.  Bad Idea: Going alpine skiing in the summer.
6.  Good Idea: Kissing a loved one.  Bad Idea: Kissing a total stranger.
7.  Good Idea: Doing your own yard work.  Bad Idea: Doing your own dental work.
8.  Good Idea: Dressing up for Halloween as a pirate.  Bad Ideal: Dressing up for Halloween as a pinata.
9.  Good Idea: Cleaning up litter.  Bad Idea: Cleaning up kitty litter.
10.  Good Idea: Playing the accordion at a polka festival.  Bad Idea: Playing the accordion anywhere else.
11.  Good Idea: Having breakfast served to you in bed.  Bad Idea: Having tennis balls served to you in bed.
12.  Good Idea; Whistling while you work.  Bad Idea: Whistling while you eat.
13.  Good Idea: Drinking fresh milk from the carton.  Bad Idea: Drinking fresh milk from the cow.
14.  Good Idea: Singing Christmas Carols to your neighbors.  Bad Idea: Singing Christmas carols to your neighbors on the 4th of July.
15.  Good Idea: Finding Easter eggs on Easter morning.  Bad Idea: Finding Easter eggs on Christmas morning.
16.  Good Idea: Visiting the circus.  Bad Idea: Having the circus visiting you.
17.  Good Idea: Going Trick Or Treating on Halloween.  Bad Idea: Going Trick Or Treating on St Patrick's Day.
18.  Good Idea: Giving a small child a balloon.  Bad Idea: Giving a small child a bunch of balloons.
19.  Good Idea: Taking up a new hobby like bird calling.  Bad Idea: Taking up a new hobby like buffalo calling.
20.  Good Idea: Ordering a chili dog to go.  Bad Idea: Ordering a chili dog that makes you go.
21.  Good Idea: Visiting picturesque McLean, Virginia.  Bad Idea: Visiting picturesque MacLean Stevenson.
22.  Good Idea: Tossing a penny into a fountain to make a wish.  Bad Idea: Tossing your cousin Penny into a fountain to make a wish.
23.  Good Idea: Giving the dog a bath.  Bad Idea: Having the dog drycleaned.
24.  Good Idea: Playing horsey with your little sister.  Bad Idea: Playing horsey with your aunt Bertha.
25.  Good Idea: Throwing a surprise party for your father.  Bad Idea: Throwing a surprise party for your grandfather.
26.  Good Idea: Playing cops and robbers in the park.  Bad Idea: Playing cops and robbers in the bank.
27.  Good Idea: Playing catch with your grandfather.  Bad Idea: Playing catch "with" your grandfather.
28.  Good Idea: Playing the scales on a piano.  Bad Idea: Playing the scales on a fish.
29.  Good Idea: Buying a pair of shoes on sale.  Bad Idea: Buying a parachute on sale.
30.  Good Idea: Climbing a mountain.  Bad Idea: Climbing a mountain lion.

The End!

Written By: nally on 10/11/18 at 11:01 pm

^ Those were a kick too! :D

Good idea: Watching classic cartoon clips.
Bad idea: Watching reboots.

Written By: annimal on 10/12/18 at 11:38 am

but why is that?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/24/18 at 11:30 pm

^ Those were a kick too! :D

Good idea: Watching classic cartoon clips.
Bad idea: Watching reboots.

Who was narrating Good Idea/Bad Idea? Was that Maurice LaMarche?

Written By: nally on 10/24/18 at 11:34 pm

Who was narrating Good Idea/Bad Idea? Was that Maurice LaMarche?

Nope, actually it was Tom Bodett, of "Motel 6" fame.

Maurice LaMarche was the voice of The Brain (in the Pinky & Brain segments).

However, now that I think about it, their voices did sound somewhat similar.

Check for new replies or respond here...