inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tiger Electronic Handheld Games

Written By: yelimsexa on 11/06/13 at 8:21 am

During the late '80s, '90s, and well into the 2000s (some still do it today though not that many thanks to the rise of smartphones and newer electronic toys) some toy companies would release hand-held video games as a means to provide a cheap way to get a new game, to provide a gift for someone, or to expand upon your favorite franchise. Of all the companies, Tiger dominated these. They would provide hand-held versions of you-name-it franchises from video games to Disney to comic book to game shows to sports (including licensees) to board game adaptions to so much more, even an adaption of Tamagotchi! (Giga Pets) Let's not forget their electronic watch games. What are some of these games you enjoyed, and how do you feel that many believe, such as the Angry Video Game Nerd says that the games have aged horribly, with the single background, one screen of characters (peeling off the piece of plastic when you unbox each game feels like it), lots of storage space for the content you get, and ULTRA CHEESY music and sounds?

Subject: Re: Tiger Electronic Handheld Games

Written By: whistledog on 11/06/13 at 8:42 am

I had this one

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7005/6701812017_06c65950f7_z.jpg

Written By: nally on 11/06/13 at 9:24 am

I never owned any, but I remember seeing the ads for them.

Written By: Howard on 11/06/13 at 3:32 pm

I had this one

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7005/6701812017_06c65950f7_z.jpg

I remember those, they were fun to play.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...