inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Strange associations with 1990s songs!

Written By: The Valley Goth on 03/02/14 at 9:21 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

Way back during 1998, or so, I was in college, and I used to listen to pop songs on the radio.

Well, I didn't know that one song that I was listening to was Shaggy's "Luv Me, Luv Me", but I'll never forget that song, because, when I heard the line, "A lady of your color is an honor indeed!", all that I could think about was the movie "Mulan", even though that song's association with "Mulan" made me think more about the too-erotic nature of the pop song from "Mulan", etc.

Today, I finally learned that Shaggy sang the song, and that it was ACTUALLY associated with the 1998 movie "How Stella Got Her Groove Back", but I TOTALLY think that it'd be a cool wicked song to pair with footage from "Mulan" on YouTube, ESPECIALLY since Chinese fortune cookies...and proverbs are contained within the song's lyrics.  I didn't realize that during 1998, 'cause I only heard the song every so often.

Someday, I'm going to have fun pairing Mulan with various guys from that movie ("Mulan") on YT! ;)
----------------------------------------------------------------

So, does anybody else associate any 1990s songs with anything strange/ unrelated to those songs?
8)

Check for new replies or respond here...