inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember that movie....

Written By: 80sfan on 03/20/14 at 2:08 am

where the kid sits in his bed and tells the psychiatrist that he sees dead animals or something??

He has like an intuition or eighth season or something. I know Bruce Willis is in this movie!

Subject: Re: Remember that movie....

Written By: snozberries on 03/20/14 at 2:47 am

You're talking about the Sixth Sense.

Do not research it. Do not read about it.
Do not read any more posts in this thread.

Run to netflix or red box or wherever and get this movie and watch it immediately.
Do not let anyone talk to you about the movie.

Watch it NOW!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/14 at 3:20 am

Run to netflix or red box or wherever and get this movie and watch it immediately.

Watch it NOW!!!
We have the DVD somewhere!

Written By: 80sfan on 03/20/14 at 3:25 am

Watch it NOW!!!

LOL, I'm in a very goofy mood currently, it may pass in a few hours, or it may take at the most two days to pass. You can tell I'm in a goofy mood when I write nonsense or one word answers like 'yes' 'no' 'okay'.  :D

Just think of this thread as a parody/tribute thread. Yes, I've seen the movie, it is ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES OF THE 90s!!!

I won't spoil the plot for others, but M. Night Shamylan deserves credit for this film. Unfortunately, after Signs he really went downhill or at least started to. He reminds me of some directors that have like two classics, then the rest the directors somehow lose their creative juices/ideas or whatever. It's kinda sad.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/20/14 at 3:26 am

We have the DVD somewhere!

Is the DVD dusty now? :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/14 at 3:45 am

Is the DVD dusty now? :-\\
It is probably on someone else's shelf!

Written By: 80sfan on 03/20/14 at 1:16 pm

I like the movie, but  ;D .

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/14 at 1:21 pm

I like the movie, but  ;D .
The thing is I now fancy watching it.

Written By: snozberries on 03/20/14 at 1:25 pm

LOL, I'm in a very goofy mood currently, it may pass in a few hours, or it may take at the most two days to pass. You can tell I'm in a goofy mood when I write nonsense or one word answers like 'yes' 'no' 'okay'.  :D

Just think of this thread as a parody/tribute thread. Yes, I've seen the movie, it is ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES OF THE 90s!!!

I won't spoil the plot for others, but M. Night Shamylan deserves credit for this film. Unfortunately, after Signs he really went downhill or at least started to. He reminds me of some directors that have like two classics, then the rest the directors somehow lose their creative juices/ideas or whatever. It's kinda sad.

sorry....goofy doesn't always translate in posts....

glad you saw it. lol

I hated signs.. I don't think M. Night has done much worth seeing since Sixth Sense.. I keep hoping but I'm always disappointed.

he came close in the Village (but I figured the 'twist' out very early in the film... the happening was again close but just not quite good enough

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/14 at 1:28 pm

glad you saw it. lol

I hated signs.. I don't think M. Night has done much worth seeing since Sixth Sense.. I keep hoping but I'm always disappointed.

he came close in the Village (but I figured the 'twist' out very early in the film... the happening was again close but just not quite good enough
Unbreakable was good.

Written By: snozberries on 03/20/14 at 1:29 pm

Unbreakable was good.

you are  the only person I've ever seen say that

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/14 at 1:30 pm

you are  the only person I've ever seen say that

I remember it being good, it was some time ago since I saw it, and I think it was the first M Night film I saw.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/20/14 at 4:21 pm

glad you saw it. lol

Signs kinda came off preachy to me, but I still like it. Well, and antisemitic Mel Gibson is in it so that's another reason for some to hate it. :-X

Why did you hate it? Just curious. 8)

Written By: snozberries on 03/20/14 at 9:36 pm

Signs kinda came off preachy to me, but I still like it. Well, and antisemitic Mel Gibson is in it so that's another reason for some to hate it. :-X

Why did you hate it? Just curious. 8)

I honestly found Signs to be extremely slow and was bored thru most of it.

I thought inbred label was bizarre. I'm willing to give it another shot because it's been so long I don't really remember it. I  just remember disliking it.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/20/14 at 11:43 pm

I honestly found Signs to be extremely slow and was bored thru most of it.

I thought inbred label was bizarre. I'm willing to give it another shot because it's been so long I don't really remember it. I  just remember disliking it.

Yeah, it was slow.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/21/14 at 10:29 am

Yeah, it was slow.  ;D

Also I found nothing suspenseful about it.  OOOH long fingers of an alien under the door.  OOOH creepy.  Not !!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/14 at 1:28 pm

The DVD is hopefully coming back in my direction.

Check for new replies or respond here...