inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 90's videos that feel 80's

Written By: SiderealDreams on 04/25/14 at 10:49 am

Exactly what the subject says. Let's post 90's videos that feel 80's and comment on them. I will start the thread with "Heaven Is" by Def Leppard. I believe it was released in 1993, as that was when the song was released as a single, although the album it's from was released in 1992. The effects are very reminiscent of those from the aha video for "Take on Me" (from 1985). Plus, the clothes the band members are wearing don't seem so different from what they were wearing in the 80's. The music also seems to me to depart very little from the group's 80's work. So, what year does this video appear to be from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATdJlkCOIYk

Subject: Re: 90's videos that feel 80's

Written By: popguru85 on 04/25/14 at 11:15 am

That video must have been the last breath for hair metal. I remember up until mid 1991-1992 all the metal videos had big hair but changed and got darker in lyrics and tone once grunge music started becoming popular.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/26/14 at 1:39 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWOhV342u_U

- Lee Aaron, title track from Some Girls Do, 1991.

From the uploader, presumably Ms. Aaron herself, "Empowering women was a main theme on this album. We wanted to show women embracing adventure, unconventionalism and breaking stereotypes. Floria Sigismondi (Canadian Director) who shot the album cover, does a cameo in this one. She's the pretty one on the Harley with a cello on her back."

You like?  She had an album in 1994, but there was also a video in 1992.  Banging my head off to 1992: The Year In Music!

Written By: Jquar on 05/06/14 at 1:15 am

Most videos from 1990 to 1993 could pass as from the '80s nowadays. Not enough of a difference to really immediately tell.

Written By: 1993 on 05/10/14 at 1:29 am

MfmYCM4CS8o

though this is 1990, so really not too far removed from the 80's

Check for new replies or respond here...