inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: '90s fashions that are making or have made a comeback in the last year?

Written By: Ryan112390 on 06/19/14 at 2:07 pm

What are some '90s fashion items/trends that have made a comeback or are making a comeback from around early 2013 to now?

I see a lot of floral patterns on women's clothes, and as it's still early summer, I see a LOT of women--and some guys--wearing denim jackets. More than I've seen since the mid 90s.

Subject: Re: '90s fashions that are making or have made a comeback in the last year?

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/19/14 at 4:44 pm

What are some '90s fashion items/trends that have made a comeback or are making a comeback from around early 2013 to now?

I see a lot of floral patterns on women's clothes, and as it's still early summer, I see a LOT of women--and some guys--wearing denim jackets. More than I've seen since the mid 90s.

The high waisted jeans and neon.

Subject: Re: '90s fashions that are making or have made a comeback in the last year?

Written By: Visor765 on 06/19/14 at 10:50 pm

Pretty much what Katana said, as well as doc martens, combat boots, long hair on guys, tapered pants, floral patterns on suits (ack!), sandals (not flip flops), and long hair guys as well as short hair on girls.

Written By: Howard on 06/20/14 at 6:23 am

How about dyed hair on girls?

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/20/14 at 7:17 am

How about dyed hair on girls?

That's never gone out of fashion, they've done that several different decades.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/20/14 at 11:02 am

Snapbacks, Platform flip flops, braids, jackets tied around your waist, over-sized shirts, pre-ripped clothing, and flannel.

Written By: Emman on 06/20/14 at 12:10 pm

In some music videos(starting in early 2014) I see singers, dancers, ect with flannel, plaid shirts tied around their waist, anyways I think it is very lame, come up with something original.

Written By: Visor765 on 06/20/14 at 12:32 pm

In some music videos(starting in early 2014) I see singers, dancers, ect with flannel, plaid shirts tied around their waist, anyways I think it is very lame, come up with something original.

But what's left for us to do, wear catsuits and look like superheroes? 90s didn't do anything new either.

Written By: Howard on 06/20/14 at 8:06 pm

But what's left for us to do, wear catsuits and look like superheroes? 90s didn't do anything new either.

90's clothes were boring.

Written By: Emman on 06/20/14 at 10:22 pm

You got that right, and sloppy too.

Written By: Visor765 on 06/21/14 at 12:18 am

Except the second half, though I'm probably only thinking of what celebrities and really trendy teens and young adults wore and not what the general public actually wore.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/21/14 at 1:37 am

Snapbacks, Platform flip flops, braids, jackets tied around your waist, over-sized shirts, pre-ripped clothing, and flannel.

I remember the oversized shirts! I wore those in elementary school all the time. Tie die also made a comeback because cloth overalls in tie dye pattern was something several girls wore in the 2nd grade. I had a pair too. Pre ripped clothing is all over now.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/21/14 at 7:15 am

I remember the oversized shirts! I wore those in elementary school all the time. Tie die also made a comeback because cloth overalls in tie dye pattern was something several girls wore in the 2nd grade. I had a pair too. Pre ripped clothing is all over now.
I have oversized shirts and i wear them these days, but I have had them for a while and I see pre ripped clothing all the time too. Has tie dye made a comeback as well? I think I may have seen it on some people.

Written By: Howard on 06/21/14 at 3:15 pm

You got that right, and sloppy too.

and way too colorful.

Written By: Howard on 06/21/14 at 3:17 pm

Has tie dye made a comeback as well? I think I may have seen it on some people.

I don't see too many people wearing tie dye shirts. ???

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/21/14 at 3:54 pm

I don't see too many people wearing tie dye shirts. ???
I think it depends on what state you live in. In California, I have seen it on some people.

Written By: Howard on 06/22/14 at 3:16 pm

I think it depends on what state you live in. In California, I have seen it on some people.

Occasionally, in New York.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/22/14 at 4:16 pm

Occasionally, in New York.
It's like that too in California. From time to time,  I will see people with tie dye clothing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/14 at 2:04 am

Tie dye is so seventies, and ripped clothing is so street urchin Victorian.

Written By: Howard on 06/23/14 at 3:24 pm

It's like that too in California. From time to time,  I will see people with tie dye clothing.

It's probably the "white trash" people wearing the tie dye clothes.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/23/14 at 4:34 pm

You're probably right.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/23/14 at 11:59 pm

That's usually who I see it on too, tie dye t-shrits.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/24/14 at 8:16 am

All types of people have worn tie dye clothing over the decades, think of the hippies!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/24/14 at 1:06 pm

ARE YOU SAYING THAT I'M WHITE TRASH FOR WEARING A TYE DYE T-SHIRT?! >:(

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/24/14 at 1:31 pm

Therefore, hippies are white trash?

Written By: Howard on 06/24/14 at 3:23 pm

That's usually who I see it on too, tie dye t-shrits.

Isn't it the wife-beater shirts? ???

Written By: Howard on 06/24/14 at 3:24 pm

All types of people have worn tie dye clothing over the decades, think of the hippies!

right, definitely the hippies from the 60's era.

Written By: Howard on 06/24/14 at 3:25 pm

ARE YOU SAYING THAT I'M WHITE TRASH FOR WEARING A TYE DYE T-SHIRT?! >:(

I apologize if that was an offense. :(

Written By: Howard on 06/24/14 at 3:26 pm

Therefore, hippies are white trash?

maybe I should've phrased it better.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/24/14 at 7:42 pm

Isn't it the wife-beater shirts? ???

Those too, often dirty.

Written By: Visor765 on 06/24/14 at 8:48 pm

well, they're definitely not high class and they don't bathe...

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/24/14 at 11:00 pm

I apologize if that was an offense. :(

You should really take care in what you say because some people can be overly sensitive to things like that. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/25/14 at 7:31 am

There are pictures online of hippies bathing and I do not wish to post them here.

Written By: Howard on 06/25/14 at 3:26 pm

I agree.

Written By: Howard on 06/25/14 at 3:26 pm

You should really take care in what you say because some people can be overly sensitive to things like that.

I am sorry about that. :)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/25/14 at 4:23 pm

I am sorry about that. :)

It's okay Howard.  Try not to let it happen again.

Written By: Visor765 on 09/02/14 at 12:06 pm

Black clothes, tribal prints, boyfriend jeans, doc martens.

Written By: Arrowstone on 09/02/14 at 1:16 pm

Denim overalls? I saw multiple women today wearing them and secretly I thought 'please don't..'

Written By: Arrowstone on 09/02/14 at 1:20 pm

And shirts with difficult patterns. I think I'm stuck now in the 80s revival. :P

Written By: KatanaChick on 09/02/14 at 5:09 pm

Black clothes, tribal prints, boyfriend jeans, doc martens.

Boyfriend jeans were in last decade too. Black is a flattering color on most. I haven't seen most people decked out all in black though, minus the Hot Topic shoppers.

Denim overalls? I saw multiple women today wearing them and secretly I thought 'please don't..'

I have seen overalls looking through certain websites for jeans, but I hope it's not something that will catch on. If you're not a farmer or little kid they're not fashionable.

Written By: Mat1991 on 09/02/14 at 5:28 pm

I have seen overalls looking through certain websites for jeans, but I hope it's not something that will catch on. If you're not a farmer or little kid they're not fashionable.

I've been seeing lots of young women - and even grown women - wearing denim shortalls (moreso than overalls...probably because it's summer in Texas and is hot as hell). I have even seen some of them wearing them with one strap undone. Unfortunately, I think it has caught on...  8-P

Written By: Arrowstone on 09/03/14 at 4:00 am

Overalls, shortalls.. I mean the one with the straps, which is called translated from Dutch 'garden pants'.

Written By: Howard on 09/03/14 at 2:30 pm

I've been seeing lots of young women - and even grown women - wearing denim shortalls (moreso than overalls...probably because it's summer in Texas and is hot as hell). I have even seen some of them wearing them with one strap undone. Unfortunately, I think it has caught on...  8-P

I've also seen them here in New York too.

Written By: KatanaChick on 09/03/14 at 5:38 pm

I haven't seen anything like that here.

Written By: Katluver on 09/03/14 at 6:08 pm

Uggh...I used to wear those all the time back in the day!  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...