inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: You Know What I Find Annoying?

Written By: ArcticFox on 01/09/15 at 7:51 pm

When people mention the late '90s, they mention Teen Pop. It's annoying, because a lot of the people who mention these artists in late '90s articles are people who were born in the '80s and are in their late 20s.

I was only a little kid who wasn't old enough to even pay attention to pop culture at the time, but as someone who has listened to 1,000+ songs spanning the entire decade, has watched a lot of '90s tv shows, seen a few '90s movies, and has seen a lot of media surrounding '90s fashion, I can say I know a lot about the '90s.

'90s music was so much more than grunge, gangster rap, and teen pop. I'm listening to "Barely Breathing" on '90s on 9' right now! The '90s had plenty of awesome music. The teen pop was never the majority, even at it's peak in 1999. There was so much more (and better) popular music in the late '90s, but why do people choose to ignore it? The r&b, rock, dance, and hip-hop were all superior to teen pop.

Subject: Re: You Know What I Find Annoying?

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 01/26/15 at 6:27 pm

When people mention the late '90s, they mention Teen Pop. It's annoying, because a lot of the people who mention these artists in late '90s articles are people who were born in the '80s and are in their late 20s.

I was only a little kid who wasn't old enough to even pay attention to pop culture at the time, but as someone who has listened to 1,000+ songs spanning the entire decade, has watched a lot of '90s tv shows, seen a few '90s movies, and has seen a lot of media surrounding '90s fashion, I can say I know a lot about the '90s.

'90s music was so much more than grunge, gangster rap, and teen pop. I'm listening to "Barely Breathing" on '90s on 9' right now! The '90s had plenty of awesome music. The teen pop was never the majority, even at it's peak in 1999. There was so much more (and better) popular music in the late '90s, but why do people choose to ignore it? The r&b, rock, dance, and hip-hop were all superior to teen pop.

The only music that stands out from the actual 90s (Clinton years) is Grunge, Gangsta, R&B and Teen Pop. Dance music from the mid 1990s was horrible? Need I remind you of The Macarena? Give me The Electric Slide anyday. The early 90s had Hair Metal, Political Rap, New Jack Swing, House, Acid House, Dance Music, Soul, Quiet Storm and Alternative Rock. Anything is better than late 90s Pop music.

Check for new replies or respond here...