inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Scream movies

Written By: ArcticFox on 01/30/15 at 9:04 pm

Anybody watched them? I saw the first three last weekend and I can say that the first two are absolutely awesome! The first one is the best though. They countered every horror movie cliche, and made fun of it. They mixed things up and were not afraid to try something different.

In the first movie it was exciting to see the victims actually fight for their lives and stand up against the killer. In typical horror movies, everybody just screams and runs away. They don't do anything. It's so stupid. In Scream, the girl is tough. She takes action. The movies were so awesome, but the third one really took a lot of what made the first movie great away. The victims didn't really fight. They just ran.. It was still a good movie, but inferior to the first two.

Besides the content, I also liked to watch them for the fashion. I love the fashion of the time. Seeing the movie was a blast. Anyone else saw and liked the Scream movies?

Subject: Re: The Scream movies

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/30/15 at 9:08 pm

A series of film which I have missed out on, but are on my to been seen list.

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/15 at 8:20 pm

Anybody watched them? I saw the first three last weekend and I can say that the first two are absolutely awesome! The first one is the best though. They countered every horror movie cliche, and made fun of it. The mixed things up and were not afraid to try something different.

In the first movie it was exciting to see the victims actually fight for theirives and stand up against the killer. In typical horror movies, everybody just screams and runs away. They don't do anything. It's so stupid. In Scream, the girl is tough. She takes action. The movies were so awesome, but the third one really took a lot of what made the first movie great away. The victims didn't really fight. They just ran.. It was still a good movie, but inferior to the first two.

Besides the content, I also liked to watch them for the fashion. I love the fashion of the time. Seeing movie was a blast. Anyone else saw and liked the Scream movies?

you should watch the 4th one too

Written By: ArcticFox on 02/20/15 at 1:12 am

I really like Neve's hair better in the first movie than in the second and third ones. I thought it was kinda dorky in them.

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 02/20/15 at 7:19 am

Anybody watched them? I saw the first three last weekend and I can say that the first two are absolutely awesome! The first one is the best though. They countered every horror movie cliche, and made fun of it. They mixed things up and were not afraid to try something different.

In the first movie it was exciting to see the victims actually fight for their lives and stand up against the killer. In typical horror movies, everybody just screams and runs away. They don't do anything. It's so stupid. In Scream, the girl is tough. She takes action. The movies were so awesome, but the third one really took a lot of what made the first movie great away. The victims didn't really fight. They just ran.. It was still a good movie, but inferior to the first two.

Besides the content, I also liked to watch them for the fashion. I love the fashion of the time. Seeing the movie was a blast. Anyone else saw and liked the Scream movies?

Nope, but I have seen Freddy's Dead and Child's Play 2 and 3. I like horror movies without edginess to them.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/20/15 at 3:54 pm

The first two are awesome!!  :D :D :D

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 02/25/15 at 7:03 am

Didn't care too much for them. My mama bought me Scream 2 when it came out on vhs, and I fell asleep watching it about 30min in to it. A horror movie you fall asleep watching is not a good one. Also when I discovered tht vcrs rewind tapes automatically, when it's done playing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/15 at 7:04 am

Didn't care too much for them. My mama bought me Scream 2 when it came out on vhs, and I fell asleep watching it about 30min in to it. A horror movie you fall asleep watching is not a good one. Also when I discovered tht vcrs rewind tapes automatically, when it's done playing.
I will bear that in mind when I finally get to view them.

Written By: snozberries on 02/25/15 at 7:34 am

I will bear that in mind when I finally get to view them.

They are good films.  The first and the 4th are best.  The second is pretty good. The third is the weakest but still watchable

Written By: Ripley on 02/28/15 at 8:13 pm

I'm a fan of this franchise!!!

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 03/01/15 at 4:43 am

The op seems a tad too happy for some really old movies, like they just came out happy.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/01/15 at 8:38 am

I saw the first two, as most have said, the first is better.  Always meant to get around to watching 3 and 4, and actually, I think maybe I started watching 4 but had to go somewhere and didn't get back to it.

On my list to watch someday.

Written By: Ripley on 03/01/15 at 11:52 am

I didn't care for the fourth one. But my ranking is #1 Scream, #2 Scream 2, #3 Scream 3, #4 Scream 4.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 03/08/15 at 11:12 am

I didn't care for the fourth one. But my ranking is #1 Scream, #2 Scream 2, #3 Scream 3, #4 Scream 4.

I would go 1 > 2 > 4 > 3

I never liked the third one. 4 was decent.

Written By: snozberries on 03/09/15 at 4:31 am

I would go 1 > 2 > 4 > 3

I never liked the third one. 4 was decent.

finally someone agrees with me!  O0

Written By: 80sfan on 03/09/15 at 8:45 am

I'm in the minority but I think that Scream 2 is better than the first.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/01/15 at 10:03 pm

Watching 1996's Scream right now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/21/16 at 1:00 pm

At the moment there are better films to watch.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/21/16 at 1:54 pm

I wished I watched Scream instead of The Conjuring 2 on Sunday.  8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/21/16 at 1:58 pm

I wished I watched Scream instead of The Conjuring 2 on Sunday.  8-P
Thanks for the warning...

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/21/16 at 2:41 pm

I'm not saying The Conjuring 2 is bad as a fact. It's just that I enjoy Scream more than The Conjuring 2.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/21/16 at 2:42 pm

I'm not saying The Conjuring 2 is bad as a fact. It's just that I enjoy Scream more than The Conjuring 2.
That still is a guidance for me, when I will eventually see the film.

Written By: snozberries on 06/21/16 at 7:15 pm

For the record I really enjoyed the conjuring 2.

Written By: Ripley on 06/21/16 at 8:46 pm

Is it better than the first one Q? Cause I didn't care for the first.

Written By: snozberries on 06/22/16 at 11:55 am

Is it better than the first one Q? Cause I didn't care for the first.

That's a tough one because I really liked the first one. If you didn't then you might not like it

I didn't like Annabelle tho

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/16 at 8:37 am

That's a tough one because I really liked the first one. If you didn't then you might not like it

I didn't like Annabelle tho
I am watching "The Conjuring" right now, with Annabelle and other of it's kind, these films are all the same, mind you it is James Wan as director...

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/16 at 9:02 am

The Conjuring is much better than Scream, but it all centres on The Conjuring 2.

Written By: snozberries on 06/23/16 at 10:39 am

I am watching "The Conjuring" right now, with Annabelle and other of it's kind, these films are all the same, mind you it is James Wan as director...

there were only one or two scenes in Annabelle that I thought were effective.
The conjuring had a bunch of effective scenes (as does c2).

I like horror films but. Wry few make me jump. Conjuring 1&2 had moments where I did

Check for new replies or respond here...